Friday 4 October 2013

Appreciate each and every day!

Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

We are glad it is Friday (TGIF! LOL!), the start of the weekend! It has been a rather busy time and as mentioned before, where does the tidbitz time fly?

Have been decluttering like crazy! ie. Have received a lot of 'spam'; and now our computer appears to be running much better. I have been largely self-taught; so it has taken me a bittidz of a while to 'catch on' to the ins and outs.

For whatever tid reason, I just thought of my Dad. As mentioned in earlier posts, I was adopted. My 'earth parents' were not able to have children; so they did the next best thing! They adopted me! LOL! (Thank goodness, or I would not be here, nor would my children / grandchildren!) I have realized that I am more like my Dad than ever! He was a Norwegian and looking a bittid back, I wish I had taken more time to know him, as he was a very special person!

My Dad used to shoot pheasants, ducks, grouse, ptarmigan for special dinners (Thanksgiving, Christmas, that sort of thing). I used to go with him and thoroughly enjoyed those memorable outings. In those days, I was a bit of a 'tomboy' and there was many a day, when chilling temperatures and / or the dampness (ie.rain) would go right through you. As a youngster, I was always 'plucky and perky' and would literally run around the house, stating cheerfully outloud that I was a very 'wucky wucky girl.' One of the times I did that (age 4 or 5), I was running down the stairs, missed a step and fell. However, I managed to get right back up and continue, without missing a bittid beat! I look back on those years with heartfelt appreciation and thankfulness!

Guess this is a bit of a tribute to my Dad, whose 95th birthday would have been on October 7th. He always used to say that one can always be sure of two things - Death and Taxes; and ironically, he passed away on April 30th. Guess I am remembering the wonderful family occasions / festivities that my parents, as a family, would enjoy throughout the years. My Mum would always go to the extra special trouble of setting a festive table! Thanksgiving, Christmas stood out particularly to me. I would also enjoy helping her! Therefore, as a Mum, it rubbed off on me, and I continued in the same family tradition! I can appreciate many wonderful memories of special settings and delicious food; with all of us sitting happily around the festive dining room table. My Dad would always say: 'Skal to Absent Friends.' That endearing tidbit toast is a lovely Scandinavias custom, that remembers those who have either passed away or who are not currently present. I am thinking these tidbit thoughts now.

Tidbit - Family.

Bittid - Appreciation.

Guess, I am remembering past special family occasions; and that it would be awesome to enjoy those times again.

Methinks, I am still a 'wucky wucky girl' and, I am thankful I also have a loving husband. We hope to have many more years together; and at the same tid time, are hopeful and Prayful that in time, there will be a genuine reconciliation with all family members.

So, here is wishing you a nice weekend. On this cloudy Friday evening, we will be enjoying chicken strips and fries for our dinner. We are also looking forward to watching a few good movies. A perfect night to stay home!

Love the photo image of the roast turkey!

Peace and God Bless.



No comments: