Thursday 30 April 2009

Kindness


Good Afternoon,

Had a long overdue hair appointment! 'The before and after!'

With all the challenges going on around us, we are being exceedingly prudent. My hairdresser, who is also a dear friend, offered to do my hair today for 'free'. Well, not exactly for 'free'; but gave me a 'break'; and I can repay her another time. She suggested that 'getting my hair done', would be good for my spirits. Also, I drove there on an 'empty tank'; and only had $4.00 in change with me. Without going into tid details, I made it; putting our car into 'neutral' as I 'coasted' down various hills and with many earnest Prayers to Him! There was also, a very steep hill; and I was literally registered on zero! As well, there were a lot of 'new drivers' out; so perhaps going a much slower speed than usual, may have helped, extend the life of the gas! Plus, I had to put $2.00 in the bit parking meter; as there was no parking available on side streets etc.

On my way home, I 'coasted' down a hill, turned right into a corner gas station! Whew! It was a 'self serve'. Fortunately, a kind person helped me fill our gas tank, as I have been 'spoiled rotten' by Alan, who always fills our tank. Now I have learned how to fill our gas tank; not so scary after all! My hairdresser friend also gave me $20.00; out of which I spent $15.00 on the fuel; with a dollar going to the nice young man who helped me out. He was grateful for the coin. Returned home with $6.00, a 1/4 tank of gas, and a new hairdo! LOL!

'Do unto others, as you would have others do unto you', very true. Also 'beauty is only skin deep'; and, it is on the 'inside that matters' most. However, getting the hair done was a great uplift; and 'when you feel you look good on the outside, you feel extra good on the inside'. So, I Thank Him for my Blessings! ie. That I did not run out of gas on route, that my friend 'helped me out'; as well as the gentleman at the service station showing me how to fill our gas tank. Plus, my friend gave me three awesome cooking magazines; so I am looking forward to browsing through them, for future tidbit ideas!

I have been feeling a bittid sad today, as I miss both parents; however, on a brighter side, it is a beautiful warm 60 degrees Fahrenheit, and it has not been a 'bad hair day!'

Have a few tid things to do; maybe be back a bit later. If not, tomorrow.

Hope you are enjoying a nice day! I love the above photo image!

God Bless.

No comments: