Friday 10 April 2009

Imagination and Celebration of Life

























Good Evening,

Have just taken a couple of pictures of some 'fallen' daffodils that needed a home. Many daffodils in our complex, are blooming forth; and some of them have 'collapsed' or 'folded' over. So when Alan is on his morning walk with our Blue, he picks me a few of these 'fallen' flowers! Plus, when we were out this afternoon for a breath of fresh air; we 'found' a whole bunch more! Could not resist taking these two pictures! I forgot to polish the silver vase on our dining room table; quite the contrast; however, I will happily restore the vase to its shining lustre! It feels so good to enjoy fresh flowers in your house, doesn't it? In this bittid case, it did not cost us anything; save a bit of a 'rescue mission', comes to mind!

Am thinking also about Easter; and its historical significance. Basically Celebrating the Birth, the Death, and the Ressurection of Jesus Christ. I am also remembering our family friend, who was murdered a week ago (you can refer to my recent posts, for a bit of background); and tomorrow we will all be 'celebrating her life' at her Memorial Service.

Thought I would also include an older "post", 'Imagination', from March 19/07; for a 'retreat', which uplifts my spirits a tid! With all the turmoil and turbulence happening around the world, feel this to be a peaceful and soothing beautiful spot of quiet comfort and appreciative reflection!

"WOW! To me, this is a major one of the "paradise" places that I would "journey to" in my imagination! So thankful to enjoy various scenes in my mind! I LOVE this photo image! This is where I would retreat to, early morning dews until evening dusk! With pen and paper (maybe a laptop to write my blog etc), reading materials, various kinds of food and drink; I would delight in such calm reverie!

I would be like a "Hemingway"; although, I have "escaped" many a time to a glorious beach, white sands, turquoise ocean, palm trees, gentle breezes, etc. A "Bohemian" way of life comes to mind! Love it!

A garden is SO peaceful; and with this particular rotunda and columns, a statuette, I am immediately immersed in a classic world, elegant, yet simple appreciation of this haven! All my senses; swirling, and being part of life's majesty and nature; and all the ever vibrant sounds of LIFE! ie Birds, bees, whatever comes to your mind!

Tidbit - Imagination, is a wonderful retreat, an uplift, simply a change of scene; just like the snap of your fingers! It is of no cost; save to those, that do not wish to utilize their born gift of imagination! I also Thank Him for providing us with this endless imagination!"

Also, I will be sharing a tidbit story in the next tidbitz while, of how I started collecting Lady Head Vases; 'the telling of the tale is half the fun'.

Here is wishing you a nice evening. We have much to be Thankful for! Am about to go and watch the evening news, as well as savouring a glass of delicious South African red wine, before dinner of wonderful leftovers of chicken and pizza. We will also say a 'Skal' to 'Absent Friends' for our slain friend, in honour of her life.

You can refer to my December 24/08, 'Skal to Absent Friends' for a bittidz of background. ie."We will also do a very special 'Skal to Absent Friends'- a Norwegian custom, to toast those that have either passed away; or those living, but not able to be physically present".

Good Night, Peace, and God Bless.

No comments: