Wednesday 1 January 2014

Make it an awesome 2014!

Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

January 1st, 2014! Wow! It is a new canvas that is put before each and every one of us! New beginnings, new reflections, new appreciations, new everything in a tidbit nutshell!

Alan and I stayed up til the midnight hour, watched on T.V. the 'Countdown' in Times Square, New York! So exciting! In the past, I always had a bit of a difficulty in letting the old year go; and yet then as soon as the New Year arrives, jubilant celebration! This year, I had no laments for this past year. In fact, it has gone out the window! We are looking to broaden our horizons in 2014!

Normally, we bring in the New Year (just after midnight) with a tid toast of champagne. We did not do that this tidbitz time. Instead, we simply Thanked Him for our Blessings and our 'bevy of doggies.' Quite the domesticated and peaceful domain. We are helping 2 families that wanted to spend some holiday time with each other; so we are looking after their 2 dogs for a short bittid while. We have cared for them before; and they are wonderful dogs. They have completely relaxed in our home and Shadow, has been a good host to these 2 lovely ladies.

Alan earlier brought me some champagne with a bit of orange juice (stretches the champagne!) and we toasted 'Skal' to the New Year. Today, it is quite mild, with high clouds. There was even a bittidz attempt of sunshine.

As mentioned in my most recent post, we have reflected much on the events of the past year; and at the same bittid time, are re evaluating our choices for the future. It gets down to. the value of spending time with those you wish to be with. As the tidbit expression goes, which my Dad always told me, was that 'you can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.' In tid retrospect, those words are valuable tidbits of advice. Thank you, Dad, for your good counsel! They make good prudent tidbitz sense. We have learned and observed that one makes time for whom they wish to spend time with. Well, we have seen things first hand; and as a united team, both Alan and I will make the bittidz best of each and every day that unfolds.

Am also appreciating the little chickadees chirping and hopping about on the branches of our majestic magnolia tree outfront. They are thoroughly enjoying the 'pussy willow' buds!

Tidbit - Keep things simple, act with Grace, and always be thankful to Him, for your daily Blessings.

Bittid - Treat each day as a new canvas; filled with HOPE and LOVE. "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you." It is how you treat others that matter in the end.

To all those reading my posts, both Alan and I wish you a Happy New Year! May 2014 be the best one yet for you and your loved ones. We wish you the best; and as my Dad also used to say to me: 'Happy Sailing.'

My Dad loved boats and the water! He and I would go out in the middle of the night, and move / push logs away that were threatening the community wharf. I enjoyed those bittids of moments; everyone else was asleep; save for us. And the fishing in the early mornings and coming home with a freshly caught grills (those were allowed to be caught in those days. Grills is the name for a 'baby salmon'). He and I would go, catch the grills, come home, and cook it over the fireplace grill, and serve it with 'eggs over easy' which was a wonderfully appreciative Viking type of treat.

Now that I think about it, I used to do a lot with my Dad and upon pondering, he taught me much. Alao my Dad would say to me; 'If you choose to marry a carpenter, that would be just fine with me." It is only as of late, that I understand the spiritual wisdom behind those enpowering words.

So, I raise my glass to my parents; and to all other loved ones who are no longer with us. 'Skal to Absent Friends.' Those of you around the world, if you feel compelled, 'raise your glasses too, to your loved ones and say 'Skal to Absent Friends.' It is a gentle bit of comfort, methinks.

Also, for those of you going through tough times, do not allow the tough times to distract you from your dreams, or dictate your life, and thus pull you down. Turn EVERYTHING over to Him and know He Provides, as per His loving Promise to each and every one of us. The circumstances you may be in, look at them appreciatively and Give Him Thanks. You will learn that from adversities, you move forward all the more, when you Rely totally upon Him.

I have always loved rainbows, and they claim an extra special tidbitz place in my heart! I am like a little tid kid when I see one! (Remember, you must become like a child, to enter the Kingdom of God.') I took this photo, a few bittidz years ago; and it is of a 'DOUBLE RAINBOW!!' A Double Wow!! Live appreciatively one day at a time, with childlike appreciation; and treat each and every day as a wonderful Gift of Grace from Him.

I love the tidbits from the 2 following verses, from Philippians 4:6&7,as the words speak major volumes to me!
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
"And the Peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension. shall guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ."
Also, the last 2 verses (8&9) are good bittids of wisdom too!
"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let you mind dwell on these things.
"The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things; and the God of peace shall be with you."

May those wonderful verses be of empowering encouragement to you, in 2014, to 'keep up the good fight', to steadfastedly stay and endure the course, whatever it may be or take you. 'He IS the Way, the Truth, and the Life.' Do not quit; as He has an awesome Plan for you! You simply need to 'Trust in Him, with all your heart, and He will Provide the rest.'

Peace and God Bless.


No comments: