Sunday 15 September 2013

Life is far far too short!

Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

It is a typical fall day; cloudy and a slight breeze. Refreshing! Have always enjoyed this photo image of a fall like mist!

We are appreciating a quiet and restful Sunday before an active week starts up again. Our complex had its annual community garage sale yesterday; and we ended up meeting some delightful 'neighbours' who also live in this complex. We sold a few items; however, methinks we will be having a few sidewalk garage sales in the future! Alan and I finally have the garage less cluttered, with more space!

As mentioned in earlier bittid posts, we have been re evaluating our lives. The Autumn seems to be a good tid time for a bit of tidbit reflection. We have come to the conclusion, that life is far far too short and that let us all make the best of it!

This morning I watched and listened to Dr. Charles Stanley (www.intouchministries.org)
on Joy10 T.V. His sermon was about having / building a strong family. I could not agree more!

However, as parents, we do make tid mistakes and have also experienced our share of bit disappointments.

Today, I am writing as a Mum; very saddend by what has occurred in our lives. You can refer to my earlier tidbitz posts; ie about me being adopted etc. My 'earth' parents did their best and believe it or not, I miss them more now, than when they were alive. This reminds me that you never really appreciate someone, until they are gone or it is too late. My parents gave me more tidbits than I know; and I am reflecting and reminiscing gratefully. Of course, they made their bittidz mistakes too; but I know that they wanted me and loved me.

I am of the same mind and heart with my two children. I love them both dearly. I am thankful I gave birth to both of them. They were lovely kids and I have some wonderful memories of them. However, sad to say, we have gone in different directions. That being said, their father and I divorced years ago;; and many years went by before I met Alan. You can refer to my 'Answer to Prayer' post, when asking God and my 'earth' father for their advice and choice should I ever remarry. I also love Alan and he in turn, loves my children. Alan will never be their father; and he respects that truth. Sadly though, both of my children (one of them in particular) hates / intensely dislikes Alan and over the years, we have tried to work things out with them. Alan and I are still Praying for a reconciliation for all those concerned; so that we can all be a joyful part of each others' lives.

Apparently, ' I have been changed ' - by Alan. I will agree to that! FOR THE BETTER! ie In the sense, that my husband loves me genuinely; and who ALSO helped me build / rebuild a more solid foundation in Christ. So basically, Christ has changed me; NOT Alan.

I look back and reflect and sincerely do wish that we could all work together in love, truth, compassion, and empathy. We would love to see and spend time with our current grandchildren and any future grandchildren. Sadly, because of the unbelievable disapproval of my choice (Alan as my husband), it has been a rather 'rocky road ' with them, for all these bittids of years. I would like to think that my children would be happy for me; and for my choice and appreciate that Alan is a special human being. Sadly, he has not been given that opportunity to have my children truly know him and who he is. Again, both Alan and I would like to reconcile with family members and to be a strong encouragement to them! As well as being loving participants in their daily lives.

It would appear the door has been closed - or at least for the time being. Again, life is too tid short. Everyone has their faults etc. It would be great if we all were to start over and wipe the slate clean.

Tidbit - Life is far far too short!

Bittid - Be a reassuring and encouraging 'light' to your family and to all those you meet.

The two recent posts suggest how special we all are in His eyes. Remember, He loves each and every one of us.

Peace and God Bless.


No comments: