Wednesday 13 August 2008

Grace and acting with Grace


Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Wow! Can not believe that 2 weeks approx have evaporated, since my last post to you! We returned from our beloved Pasley last night; all tuckered out, but totally rested. Today, was back to dealing with raw reality; the usual tidbitz stuff to do etc; when one has been away for a bittidz of time.

Pasley days and nights went by far too quickly. We were hit with nasty rains and strong winds at the beginning; including the first part of my daughter's and her husband's visit. Fortunately, the weather improved; which made life easier; particularly where there are little ones to consider. My daughter's and her husband's boys (our grandsons are not identical twins, thank goodness!) have just turned 2 years old; and they are on the go, non stop; tid into everything! Methinks I have forgotten how 'busy' those days can be, chasing after and caring for wee ones. My daughter is totally run off her feet!

My daughter and her husband invited some of their close friends up to stay with them / us; so it was a full household. My son also came up for a few R & R days; and we were thankful to have enjoyed a bit of a visit with him as well. There were three little boys (the twins and their 5 yr old house guest)and they 'played' well together.

We have one fridge; so ice and coolers were / are an absolute premium. Eventually, we will find a second fridge (propane) and that will be a great relief to us all. The above is a picture I took, of our bay; and in the future, I will add more photos. Please bear with me. If you refer to the post of July 28th, you can see how the bay fits in with the other pictures. There is a treacherous rock reef out in front; and it is very deceptive to all those boaters / fishermen who are not aware of its presence; particularly when it is submerged under the water. Over the years, there have been countless 'boat hits'; ie damaged props, broken keels, lost lures, etc. Just the other day, a small sailboat went sailing right over the rock and ouch; the keel make such a horrible sound! Not reassuring, I can assure you. Fortunately, those on board were okay; their motor was immediately pressed into service, and they safely 'limped' away; not to do that repeat performance.

We enjoyed 'PIG' - the island gathering for the annual summer evening picnic, held at a tranquil field, overlooking a magnificent bay. For the event, one of my daughter's guests barbecued a large salmon for our group of 11; and it was so delicious! Of course, 'good food, good wine, good company', is always one of the welcoming mainstays at Pasley. Amazing how major a part, food plays in one's memories! Also, there were lights and music (CDs) brilliantly connected to the generator on the PIG night; and if one were approaching the island, one might wonder who are all those 'bohemian' people dancing about; both young and old alike! LOL!

We also caught fresh crab and mmmmmm, was that ever good. Cooked in garlic and melted butter; that is the best! Mmmmmm! A tidbit: as I was about to dig into my crab, my daughter reminded me, "Mum, you have forgotten to say Grace!" Well, indeed I had 'spaced it out'; so I immediately replied, "Yes, my daughter, you are absolutely right; thank you!" I was relieved and grateful when my daughter drew my attenion to give a genuine thanks for our meal. I thought, 'Good on her!' As a bittid, 'Grace' plays such a vital role in our daily lives. Apart from being thankful and appreciative for all of our Blessings; it is also when you genuinely act with Grace and Love, that truly pleases Him. He wants us to: 'Love thy neighbour, as thyself'. 'Do unto others, as you would have them, do unto you'. 'Keep it Simple'.

Our dog, Blue, was finally 'swimming'; albeit not for long; however, once he gains more confidence with his 'dog paddle', he will be just fine! The other 'puppy', Pedro, (3 yrs old; a year younger than Blue) who belongs to my daughter, is a pug / bulldog combination, is built like a tank; and he boldly tackles the water without any fear whatsoever.

Eventhough we were at a wonderful oceanside location, there is 'no place like home!' We are happy to be back; and will be here for another 2 weeks approx, before we leave again. We have much to do in the next tid while; but we feel that most of things will have been attended to, before we are away again.

Have mentioned some tidbits / bittids; hope they are a bit of an uplift to you. Have more bittids / tidbits to share with you tomorrow etc.

Good Night and God Bless.

P.S. It is nice to be back on the blog circuit! LOL!

No comments: