Monday 31 December 2007

Love Conquers All & Happy New Year to you all!














Good Day! or whatever is the appropriate greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Am going to write a tid differently today.....Cathy, a fellow blogger / friend of mine, is in the process of planning a wonderful trip to Disneyland with her family; that includes their grandchildren. She is a "young" grandma as well!

After I replied in a comment to her post; it made me think back a bit.

When my children were small ( ie approx 8 yrs old), I took them to Disneyland (in Anaheim) and I / we had the best time ever! I was newly "separated"; and I wanted to give my children a good and fun vacation. We went on a "Special"; from a Thursday to a Sunday; and that included our airfare, as well as staying at the Howard Johnson Hotel. As soon as we arrived there, the kids (and me) jumped gleefully into the hotel pool! Fortunately, the hotel was very close to the Disneyland Entrance Gates. We went on all sorts of rides; and there was one ride that I must have gone on, at least a dozen times! The ride operator was amused, and I know he increased the length of the ride, as well as giving me a few extra tidbit rides for free! I was; still am, a 'kid at heart!' On our last day, we each won large stuffed animals! Imagine me, with 2 small kids, all our bags, the 3 animals (bigger than my children!) squeezing into the Airporter Bus etc.

It was a meaningful holiday that I will never forget; and I am grateful that I have that wonderful memory of that extra special bittid time together! I still have the stuffed animals, stashed somewhere in our garage, methinks.

Would love to be in a situation to go on another 'Disneyland' adventure with my children and our grandchildren! Perhaps, when the "babies" are a bittidz older!

Also, if / when we are accepted, as a genuine part of my children's / grandchildren's lives, that will be indeed a blessing for all of us. Currently, everyone is losing out; in the longterm, if not just in these early formative years. None of us are getting any younger (save in heart!) We have not had the pleasure of getting to know our wee grandsons; let alone enjoying my children's passions and interests. I do not even know our grandsons' clothing sizes.

Alan and I have done our best to be family oriented and inclusive; but we have very definitely been excluded; save for tidbitz obligatory calls or infrequent visits. We obseved this, yet again this Christmas.

However, we are always hopeful, that this will be a New Year, with renewed hopes and new beginnings. Our door is always OPEN. As the saying goes: "You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it to drink". Sadly, this is the truth here. I dearly love my children; and I brought them up, as best as I could, to give them a worthy goodness. For the record, my Alan loves my children as well; and although he is not their 'Dad', he would love to have a nuturing and respectful relationship with them. We would genuinely love to be a part of their lives; however,'a 2 way street' is required, because 'the gate swings both ways'.

Having said that, we wish them, and everyone a very Happy New Year's Eve and a great 2008.

Tidbit - Do your best; but also know when to step back.

Bittid - When all else fails, best to leave things in His Hands; and have the Faith that He will provide reconciliation, by 'touching' their hearts; as He is "The Way, The Truth, and the Light". "Love one another, as I have loved you"; and "Do unto others, as you would have them, do unto you" are very true. And, LOVE CONQUERS ALL.

God Bless.

No comments: