Saturday 14 April 2007

The Secret Garden!


Welcome to the Secret Garden Tea Company. You can find us in Kerrisdale, a village-like community nestled in the heart of Vancouver, BC. When you enter through the door of the Secret Garden you will receive a warm welcome from one of our girls. Seated at one of our tables you can order afternoon tea, breakfast, lunch or our beautiful homemade miniature sweets or scones. You will be able to choose from a variety of specially blended tea served steaming hot in a teacup and saucer.

We hope your time at the Secret Garden Tea Company is truly an experience.

Our Hours: Monday - Saturday 8 - 7 | Sundays 9 - 6


Good Evening, everyone!

Well, I hope you are enjoying your day! It is Saturday in our part of the world. Had a wonderful lunch with my mother-in-law, Chris (Christina) and Rhona. Rhona is a longtime family friend of Chris'; as a tid of bit, was Chris' daughter's best friend in grade school. Rhona is from Australia. Trish, you met her at our party. I have her email address; so I will forward that on to you. She is returning to Adelaide; however, she really enjoyed meeting you; and felt that things clicked. Hopefully, you can link up with each other in the future. She would love to live here; but is going "home" for a couple of years to help her Mum. Rhona is planning to come out here for the 2010 Winter Olympics; she LOVES to travel! She has a son, who is about Michael's and Arthur's age; and he lives in Australia. So, perhaps everyone will meet.

This am, Alan who was the "chauffeur" picked up his Mum; and dropped us off at the "Secret Garden Tea House"; just before noon. Need to be there early, to secure a seat; as it is extremely sought after! What a wonderful place to lose track of time! We had the "High Tea" - which consisted of a 3 tiered tray of tids and bits of sandwiches, scones, lemon mini tarts / cakes. Quite the royal surreal experience! We had our own choice of several blends of tea; and with constant refills of hot water, we were on "Cloud 9"; as in being "elsewhere!" ie savouring "Buckingham Palace Tea". Mostly women; of all ages were happily gathered there, in chit - bit tid - chat. It was so lovely to see; and I would recommend it to anyone; men included! Clearly, it is more of a woman's retreat; however, if a man wanted to "brave it", he would not be disappointed; and would probably feel most "at home", there!

We ended up with the "best table"; along with comfy wicker cushioned chairs, right in front of the fireplace! Above, the fireplace mantle, was a beautiful huge bouquet of fresh spring cut flowers; with a mirror acting as a background. All a very cosy and warmly artistic ambience. Plus, valences with shelves of teapots, teacups, etc. There were also watercolour paintings, statuettes, tea cosies, bags, jewellry, cards, teas, food "goodies" etc. in tidbititis to buy! The business has done very well; in all accounts!

Oh, to tidbitz a moment, it was like "old home week" for me; saw about 6 people I knew; one of which is a very good friend, since university days; etc. Another friend had a mother who was one of my Mum's best friends; so we are going to get together and bring each other up to date.

Also, one of my friends, Liz, is a wee bit of a woman, who is 94 years old! Her husband was a very good pal of my Dad's; and I went out with her son, Jock, for a tid. School dances, remember them? LOL! Jock was of Scottish descent; and somewhat of a replica of Sean Connery; for those that are Sean Connery fans. However, as handsome and as jovial as he was, I was not as smitten with him, at that tender age of my life. Weird, I know. Particularly, when my girl friends, kept asking me, "Are you nuts?" I replied, "No, wish I was!" And, I am certainly a Sean Connery fan! LOL!

Anyway, it was nice to see Liz, again; she looks as sprightly as ever! She walks as much as possible; and she thinks with enthusiasm and has a "young at heart" personality! Her first words to me, "I am 94 years old! and I am still having a blast!" May we all be like her, when we reach that age! She is such an energetic inspiration!

Tidbit - Do your best to be "Young at Heart!" Laughter and being "like a child" and, appreciating life to the very fullest! I also think that having a positive attitude is a must!

After our lunch, we did a bit of shopping and Rhona found a few tids of souvenirs to take back with her.

Then Alan reappeared to pick us up; ie "you rang?" LOL!

Chris and I are going to do lunch / tea again at the Secret Garden very soon! It is a perfect spot!

Bittid further into: www.secretgardentea.com - if you wish, to link into their website and indulge yourselves with their treats!

No comments: