Monday 22 February 2010

Refreshing reflections!






















Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

The days have just flown by! The Open House went well last week, a decent turn out, even with the Olympics. Also, there was an impromptu private showing on Saturday; so we made ourselves scarce for a tid while. We took our Blue to the park; and a great time was had by all! He enjoyed rolling around in and on the damp grass; ended up being filthy; but happy! When we were out and about, we took our saved up bottles and cans to the Liquor store; and good timing! There was a free tasting of Siku Glacier Ice Vodka! Gosh it was smooth and very good; and, indeed, it hit the spot! LOL!

We also went to see our bakery friend; and she was not her usual sparkly self; so I let her know about the vodka tasting. Well, her eyes immediately brightened up and she asked if I could go get her a tiny cup. Absolutely, I replied. ('Absolut' happens to be another Vodka brand!). I ended up being given a second 'shot' cup! Well worth that journey! LOL!) That 'shot' made her day; and her eyes lit up; and come to think of it, I let a number of people know about the exquisite flavour. It is not cheap; however, sometime when Alan and I have something major to celebrate, we will enjoy this refreshing boost! In the Liquor store, I was having a bit of fun; joyfully suggesting 'Party Time!' Smiles and laughter abounded; in fact, it was contagious!

Also, in those types of moments, I have this picture of Jesus in my mind (and heart); of Him wearing a cream / white robe, and joyfully striding with bold steps and a confident strength. I can not remember the name of the movie; however, there was a street scene that Jesus fearlessly set forth. I always feel an extra tingle when I see that image.

On Sunday morning, I watched the Vision Channel. Unfortunately, I missed the first part of 'Hour of Power'; but the last half, was such an uplifting ephifany to me! Pastor Sheila Schuller Coleman shares a heartfelt message. ie. "My message today is "Stratospheric Faith: Rising Above the Turbulence." You may know that our atmosphere is comprised of different layers and the lowest one is the troposphere, and then up above that is the stratosphere. The troposphere can be pretty turbulent. So, if you want to get above the turbulence, you want to get up into the stratosphere. Especially when times are stormy and we want to get up, we need to be lifted up into that stratospheric faith."

I would heartily encourage those of you, who are experiencing bittids of tough moments; to tune into www.hourofpower.org; as methinks you will appreciate impactful tidbits!

I also enjoyed watching 'Enjoying Everyday Life' with Joyce Meyer and her guest; and their empowering insights, includes and concludes with thoughts such as: 'Did I help anyone else today? Did I make them smile and laugh etc?' I could not help but think about the day before with our elderly (but feisty) bakery friend, who works long long hours on her feet. Best too, if you check out www.joycemeyer.org; for further clarity and understanding.

On 'Living Truth', Charles Price is sharing an incredibly powerful message about righteousness, self righteousness, and unrighteousness. He refers to several stories in the Bible; and those who are self righteous, are more difficult than those who are unrighteous. Best too, if you tune into his invaluable teachings on the website - www.livingtruth.ca.

Tidbit - 'Smile and the world smiles with you, Weep and you weep alone'. You could also use the word 'laugh' instead of smile; and 'cry' instead of weep. My Dad used to say that a lot; and he was a very special man. He overcame many obstacles; and his FAITH and COURAGE were strong in Him.

Bittid - A random act of kindness is what it is all about; and makes a huge difference; particularly to those, who are in pain, despair, or sadness etc. A smile or an encouraging word, action, or deed, is what we all need to genuinely do more of in this world. 'Love one another, as I have loved you' is very true.

Today we have connected with a few people; and now it is just a matter of 'patient waiting upon Him' to Provide Solution. Alan and I have 'cast all our cares upon Him'.

Another beautiful day for the Olympics! Love the photo image of the Siku Glacier Ice Vodka! Interesting history ('60,000 years of cool') about this particular type of Vodka; plus there are some great mouthwatering recipes! You can refer to online, for a bittidz of info. Methinks too, that on a 'special' occasion, I will enjoy some savoury 'shooters' of raw oysters, along with a tidbitz shot (or two!) of this delicious vodka! Skal!

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: