Thursday 25 June 2009

Genuineness Revisted


Good Morning, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

For some reason, I 'revisted' some older posts I had written; one being from August 18/08, parts of which are included in today's post. I think because 'genuineness' is where it really is at; in all things you do, people you associate with, the works! However, the most important is to be Genuine with God. If you are 'straight up' (Truthful) with Him, and do your best to live a 'genuine' life, it will be easier to be 'genuine' with all whom you meet. Methinks too, that from 'genuineness' comes compassion and a gentle empathy for others. Regardless of your challenges and circumstances, always 'put your best foot forward', think of encouraging others, and be of a giving genuine nature, rather than micro thinking 'what about me, what about me?' and / or 'what is in it for me?'

"In my post of August 16th, I made reference to having a few 'true' friends; and that one is fortunate if you can count the number on one hand. I would like to add that there are many awesome people I know and appreciate; just that I am Blessed with 2 or 3 close female friends. Alan is my best friend; inasmuch as we are married and choose to spend our time together; be it in developing our business interests, and daily enjoying our personal lives.

'Genuineness' is what it all comes down to. Have had past and recent disappointments; however, there are those who have exposed themelves by their own 'words, actions, and deeds'. Some of them do not know what to do because of embarassment, shame, whatever shoe fits; and it is coming back to haunt some of them, whereby they are getting caught in their own webs of deceit and lies. With some (ex friends), I have tried to show compassion etc; but their purposes are quite different from mine.

Alan is from a Christian family; and it was Alan who genuinely helped me accept Jesus Christ as my Saviour. Since that time, our lives have been taking many amazing turns (most would not believe it); and the fact that I have 'changed' (because Alan has 'brainwashed' me; and, indeed, he has not!), are angry, jealous, spiteful, etc - just because.

Alan has been the scapecoat and the whipping boy, as well as myself; however, that is fine. We are happy and are enjoying our lives; regardless of the ups and downs. Our Faith in Him has wonderfully Blessed our Marriage and our lives together. You can refer to my post of June 10/08 etc, if you wish to read about 'Our Answer to Prayer'.

Anyway, I am enjoying my cup of coffee, whilst writing my blog. Alan and I have done / are doing a lot of reflecting and it really DOES get down to being 'genuine'. We are so grateful that we met, fell in love, and each day just gets better; and this has now been approx 6 years. There were and still are those that oppose our marriage. Alas for them, that they did /do not wish to take the time to have a genuine understanding of the Truth; but perhaps they are more comfortable with their own versions, false gossip, or divisive heresay. And instead of being happy for us, they are not; but all the sadder for them, in that they do not appear to be content with their own lives. And yet, there IS a Solution; and that IS Him. If some would turn to Him, their lives too, would be 'changed' for the better and for the best. Alan has been a 'messenger' in His Service; and that is the simple TRUTH of it.

Tidbit - 'Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you'.

Bittid - Commandment # 8 - 'Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour'."

As an update bittidz, I am still enjoying my cup of coffee, 7 years later! It certainly has not felt like 7 years; the time has gone by very quickly; as if it were yesterday!

We have much tidbitz to be thankful for; and we 'Praise Him each and every day!' ie In our own back yard; as in our neighbours, that we have come to know and appreciate over the years.

The above is a beautiful bouquet of flowers that was recently sent to us; as a 'Thank you' for services rendered by us to some friends. The flowers were not necessary; yet our friends felt otherwise, and their genuineness in turn, uplifted our spirits and brightened our household. 'Pay it Forward', comes to mind. We have a good friend coming over tomorrow morning; and the flowers are / will be a joyful Blessing and a refreshing touch! As the expression goes: 'Say it with flowers!'

Another bit 'found' treasure! Alan just came back with a cooler and a thermos that had been discarded in the garbage bin of our complex. The items appear to be in good shape! We are grateful for this latest tid find; as it will be very useful. We say, 'THANK YOU!'

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: