Friday 7 February 2014

"Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Friday again! The bittidz days have been flying by! Cooler temps; no complaints though.

Just got wind of some rather sad tidbitz news re: a friend of ours. I have not spoken nor seen this friend for some bittid time. The friend used to be a close friend. The person was quite unkind towards me and I left it at that. That being said, I gave this 'old friend' a call yesterday, to offer my / our support and well wishes. Suggested that I am not a 'busy body'; and just want to say that I have compassion and empathy for the family and that hopefully, it will work out for all those concerned. Left our telephone number, if the person wishes to call back and that I would be a 'sounding board' if needed.

I got to thinking about how we treat our fellow man. Not really that well, overall. It just hit me all the tidbit more - "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you." That is so very tid true. I watched a Tyler Perry movie last night TYLER PERRY'S GOOD DEEDS and the story is very heartwarming and full of compassion and understanding. I really enjoy his movies, as they all have a common theme and / or lesson as to having a genuine compassion and empathy for mankind.

I have found that those who have more empathy, compassion, and understanding, are very often those who have experienced their 'ups and downs' with major obstacles / challenges. They 'have been there, done that' and, they know what it is like.

I was directed by the Holy Spirit to call this 'old friend'; and I know it was the right tidbit thing to do. The message machine was on; and I do not know if I will hear back. However, that was not my motive; it was to uplift and offer a source of bittid comfort, if needed, whenever.

Meanwhile another friend of mine, happened to call me to let me know of the 'situation' and, adding that now I would be able to get my 'two bits in, as that person had been very mean spirited and nasty towards me. Hence, not wishing to have nothing to do with me.' My friend who had let me know, was surprised when I shared what my phone message was to the person. In fact, the friend even 'kibutzed' that now I can do the same to that 'old friend.' ie. Me / us not wanting to associate or having anything to do with that person. My gentle reply was, 'all I wished to do, was to provide a bit of gentle encouragement and compassion; as I have 'been there, done that.' (In other words, do not stoop to doing 'tit for tat.' if you have been falsely maligned etc. Instead Seek His Help and Grace to 'rise above it and show mercy.' Also, imagine yourself in their bittidz shoes. Of course, if you have been through 'stuff,' it is easier to 'be there' with a kind word, action, or deed.

Tidbit - Treat your fellow man well.

Bittid - "Do not judge lest you be judged.' This message is found in Matthew 7;1. The chapter (verses 1 to 6) - 'Concerning Judging Others', sums things up in a tidbitz nutshell.

Glad and thankful it is the weekend again! I like the TLC photo image.

Peace and God Bless.


No comments: