Wednesday 26 February 2014

A fresh and welcome start!

Good Morning, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Am appreciating a 'special' quietness this morning. It is app 2 degrees Celsius and most of the snow has reverted to tidbit green again! Amen! Eventhough there is still a dampness and chill in the air, it is refreshing! The foggy mist is illuminating to the new blooms springing forth. Our glorious magnolia tree, with its pussy willow buds, looks extra awesome! The birds are happily flying about and chirping. Just think, Spring will be here before we know it!

I am enjoying my elixir (coffee!) and am just filled with a peace and a calm. May you all experience the same! A good start to the day, methinks! There is so much to be thankful for. Many Blessings indeed!

One of our neighbours popped by last night to thank Alan for the homemade soup that Alan gave him a bittid portion of. It turned out too, that the elderly gentleman needed Alan's help with a light in his garage. Alan was able to assist him and gave him another jar of the much loved tomato, consomme, veggie mix. He kept saying to Alan that he is so happy that we are not only his neighbours, but friends. That Alan is a 'light' to him; and that he always 'feels better' when he sees us! Of course, it works both ways. He is also a 'joyful' soul; a very nice and wise man.

May have made mention in one of my earlier posts, that when I was a tid child, I spent a great deal of time at various neighbours' homes! (Lucky them! LOL!) One of them, was our next door neighbour. An 'old' couple, and I always had questions for him. He reminds me of this particular man; who also has a wealth of wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. Of course, 'old' is not in my bit vocab anymore; it is 'young!' LOL!

One of the questions I always asked (their last name was 'Lord' God Bless them! Most likely they have passed on), was why did they never have any children? Their tidbitz answer was always: 'We have you!' Well, to a small child, that was 'music to my ears' good to hear! Both Mr.& Mrs. then would ask me, if I had heard of 'Dennis the Menace' and my response was always a vigorous 'Yes! He is my favourite!' Well, Mr. suggested that they were like the Wilsons and that I reminded them of 'Dennis!' I really thought. 'Wow!' This was all the more bittidz special to me; as I was always trying to be 'Little Miss Helpful' to them! LOL! Yet they did love me and Mrs. always baked cookies with icing for me. So small wonder, I was a 'regular' visitor on their doorstep! LOL!

Tidbit - Best to have an 'attitude of gratitude,' and be 'young at heart', with a positive outlook of Hope, Faith, and Trust in Christ!

Bittid - A sense of humour helps too! Being able to laugh as well, at your own calamities! Laughter is good!

Also received a call yesterday from an 'old friend;' (not age wise! LOL!) and a few of them are taking me out to lunch within the next week or so. It will be nice to see them again and to hear how they are doing. We will be meeting 'half way' as the drive for them and for me is a fair distance. Methinks, this may be a rebirth of better rappoire and genuine friendships amongst us.

I actually had called this 'old friend' and offered my support if needed, as they were going through a very awkward situation. That person was very thankful for my call! There are tidbit times, when there is nothing like having an 'old friend' to turn up and simply 'be a good friend.' (not 'busy body' like, but just there as a 'sounding board'). I was told by this friend, that they have found out who their friends are; and that I was, indeed, a 'true' friend. It was as if we had spoken only the day before; and the many years that had paased us both by, vanished! I appreciated the kind compliment and I gently added, "Have 'been there, done that' so, I know how you feel.' So, methinks I will welcome this, as a fresh start!

Long story made shart, this particular person had been drawn into a 'grapevine gossip' and was not aware of the TRUTH. (It was more convenient or easier, to just go with the 'stuff' that had been bantered about falsely). There was no need for me to say or defend myself and, I didn't. As deep inside their hearts, they 'knew' that their behaviour towards me had been less than 'stellar.'

It was a big step for them to acknowledge the TRUTH. Guess when one goes through their own set of misfortunes, circumstances, they in turn, gain an awareness and empathy for others. This particular person I know, was / is truly sorry and I had already forgiven them. That being said, when I originally called the person, I did so with no bittid hesitation. I just knew it was the 'right thing' to do and I am glad I did.

Sadly and prior to this, I did take a pause and step back. ie. Leaving it all in His Hands. There is wisdom in these famous worldwide words: "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you" and, "Love thy neighobur as thyself."

In closing, if we have more understanding, compassion, and empathy for others throughout the world, the world would be a far better and joyful place! Life is fleeting and too short! However, treating others well is vital; as is the TRUTH.

My friend kept mentioning how important TRUTH was and that they thought I was a 'light' to them. I thought, interesting how the 'Holy Spirit' works; albeit it may take awhile! Yet, I am thankful and welcome this fresh start! Amen! Now I have to be
a 'light' to them; and genuinely and caringly uplift and encourage them. To be an understanding sounding board, who has 'been there, done that.'

Am discovering also in my daily walk tids, that I do not give my bits of advice, unless I am asked to do so. However, for answers and help, SEEK Him always and He will never leave you. Be courageous to continue to have that thought and refuge of comfort in Christ! The Holy Spirit arms and equips you with what you need at the time; be it by 'words, actions, or deeds.'

I like this cheery photo image of the daffodil!


Peace and God Bless.

No comments: