Tuesday 17 December 2013

Christmas spirit!

Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Just finished putting out a few Christmas decorations. They have been stored in our garage and I was able to get to 3 boxes! The rest of the decorations are not easy to get to; but the ones I picked, were amongst my tidbit favourites. They are old decorations, from years past. Some from my parents, some from Alan's parents. We managed to bring the 'Christmas spirit' into our wee living room / dining room. A lot of the decorations brought back many a happy memory of Christmas to me; so it took me a bittid longer to do the decorations. Also, because we are taking care of Shadow and dogs in the next short while, methinks it is tid best to keep things simple. ie. Fewer decorations and placed up high, out of reach from doggies' paws and jaws! LOL!

My Mum loved Christmas and I was very fortunate to have celebrated Christmas the festive way we did. When I had my children, I attempted to do the same with them. I look back and I think how did I ever do it? But, you do. The decorations I have put out, each have a wonderful story behind them; and it is that joyfulness that is radiating from within!

Again, Alan and I have much to be thankful for! We live one bit day at a time, with Hope, Faith, and grateful hearts.

Tidbit - It is 'keeping things simple' and having appreciation for the little things!

Bittid - Be a cheerful giver; or do not give at all. Be a Blessing to all you meet. If you have your challenges, rise above them, act with Grace, and be of encouragement to others. Act with kindness, empathy, and compassion.

The photo image of the turkey certainly looks delicious! We are Prayful too, that we will enjoy a turkey meal. Regardless, we have lots to be thankful for. Praise Him in ALL Things.

The tidbitz photo image of the holly reminds me of the beautiful large holly tree we had in our garden, when I was a child. We used to enjoy giving it away as gifts at Christmas; as well as spreading it throughout the house. It was so festive and uplifting! Alan grew up with 10 holly trees in his garden, and starting from age seven, he sold sprigs of holly to those who lived within a 5 to 6 block radius in his neighourhood.

Apparently, a department store would sell bittidz sprigs of holly in a shoe box for $1.00. Well Alan thought he would do the same, save he would sell the sprigs for fifty cents! He did that for many years (until age 14 app) and he always had orders for the next coming year! When he was about to move, in his early twenties, he picked some large bags of holly and went to all those who supported him; and as a thank you, he gave the bags away for free! Much to their delight and surprise! Methinks, this is what the Christmas spirit is all about!

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: