Sunday 2 September 2007

Hugs are good!


















We are home again! Where or where has July and August gone? For all the joys in being away, there still is no place like home! Lots of fresh running water, electricity galore, the works!

We returned from our beloved Pasley on Thursday; and we have been on the go ever since. Thank goodness, it is Sunday; and I do not mind the rain! Today will be a good day for a cosy fire!

Alan's parents are coming over for lunch today; and that will be a fun and sane break for them. To reiterate, their present lodgings are dreadful. We were there yesterday for a tid visit; and when Alan and I left, we were literally shaking our heads. A cantankerous old lady waving her cane, being nasty nasty to all those around her, saying that she has the right of way with her walker, (that she hates!)her sore ankle; which she says is why she is in need of the walker. Then all the other old folks, all just limply and sadly seeing their lives slipping away; and trying to think of an "escape"; asking us if they can leave with us; as we practically run for the exit to 'freedom'. And a lot of these people are in wheel chairs; and are constantly poised "ready" to wheel out at any open opportunity! It is not humourous; however, can you not see a whole brigade of wheel chairs zooming for the doors - all at once? Very depressing and crippling conditions and no warmth or genuine TLC anywhere in that empty vacuum of an institution. They are all being shuffled and tossed aside, as if they were just bit numbers, in a morbidly cold, aloof system. Very tragic to see. And, this very same little old lady was unnecessarily rude to my mother-in-law. In fact, she was in an explosive rage to all who crossed her path, be it in our shared very slow moving elevator or wherever. The others around her, just accepted it; they either ignored, or were too tired / fragile to fight.

Tidbit - Reach out genuinely to those that you recognize, who are in sadness or pain. Once off the elevator, I decided to go up to the little old lady; and gently tapped her on her shoulder. She turned around, glowered at me for a tid of a bit; and then I said I would like to share a bit of tid with you. (I did not say those exact words; but that was the drift) She looked at me with amazement and puzzlement; and I could see in her eyes, that she really did not like herself; thus the anger, bitterness, resentment, loneliness, and sadness. I softly said, I am going to give you a hug. I gave her a hug; her eyes welled up with major tears. I told her that she was worthy and very worthy of a hug. She could not believe it! I thought she would never let me go; and, she gave a good hug back. I suggested that she has a lovely face; and that she would be far more attractive, if she would just SMILE. I said, "try it, you might like it", I also re introduced her to my in-laws and husband; and she said, "oh yes, dear, they are lovely people". Well, that is a start, I guess. Then, she gave me her floor / room number and implored me to come and see her. Well, I was not expecting that gesture; and yet it is not surprising. So many lonely and sad people in that dwelling or 'hell hole'. I will make a point to take her some beautiful flowers and some bittid momento to remind her to smile daily. Besides, smile lines are so much better than frown lines!

Bittid - "Smile, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you cry alone". My Dad always had that wonderful philosophy.

A tidbitz update: When our 'tenant from hell' chooses to move out, we will move Alan's parents in; so that they can live out the rest of their days in peace and comfort. We have been provided with a service, that will prepare their meals, clean, take them out for errands and walks, for a few hours each day. Of course, we will be there in a heartbeat if needed, as well. They want to pay us rent (which will be nice too)but, they will not be having to pay as much as they are for their present spot.

On other bittidz matters, things are working themselves through. We have a lot of projects on the go; and once again, we rely soley on Him to provide the solutions in all regards.

Here is wishing you all a nice Sunday; and Happy Labour Day Weekend.

God Bless.

No comments: