Tuesday 10 June 2014

'An Answer to Prayer'

Good Morning, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

It is pouring with rain and I am totally appreciating my elixir of coffee.

Alan and I met 12 years ago today; and it does not feel as if it has been twelve years. We met at my daughter's baseball game; here is a bittid of how things went.

The evening was a lovely warm summery night; I was some 15 minutes 'late'; and I was none too pleased about not being 'on time' to cheer her on, at the start of her game. Can not remember what caused the delay; suffice to say, I was late; period. Plus I had to locate a parking spot close by; and yet not too close to the field, in the bizzare tidbitz event, a lone baseball would fly by and hit the windshield etc. I brought along with me a comfy fold up lawn chair to watch the game; and as I was tugging at it from the trunk, I hear a voice 'Oh, a vanity plate?' And then a comment further on a 'bumper sticker' that was on the rear bumper, along with the license plate. I remember thinking first, 'Oh great; somebody talking to me; I do not have time for this, I am late....' and then thinking with the second comment, 'nice voice; but probably some old fart' (excuse the language; but that was what I thought at the time). Imagine my surprise, when I looked up and there was Alan and his friend (who ended up being our 'Best Man' at our wedding) gazing at me; well, I guess in a tidbit, 'that was the start'.

Alan asked me for my business card (I was not carrying any on me); so he volunteered his telephone number; after the 3 of us had walked across the field together. I felt 'right at home', as if the 2 men on either side of me, were 'warriors'; and that we had just won a tremendous victory on the battlefield. It was really quite a unique experience; I remember also, being very calm, striding confidently, feeling good, and exhuberant with courage and direction. The 2 men continued on their way (a chance encounter; because they never went to the park); and I watched the rest of my daughter's game. On my way back to the car, I noticed that the 2 men appeared to be 'hovering' around my car. They looked as if they had turned the corner, and then 'somehow', as if, in an old movie reel played in reverse, they walked backwards to my car, waiting? It turns out, that Alan wanted to 're set the hook'; of course it went right over my head! LOL! As, I was not 'looking'.

Without going into too much of bittidz detail, we confirmed the possibility of meeting again; and as I drove away, I was thinking 'it happened on the way to the forum; NO; at a baseball field'. Then I thought, 'Where did those thoughts come from? Get out of here!' Will share this, that Alan was 'smitten' that day; and he still is! Of course, I am as well; but it did not happen as quickly for me - which was good, as there was no panic; everything just 'flowed', and fell naturally into place.

I called Alan a few days later; we met for 'coffee' at the 'safe' hour of 5:00 pm at a funky bistro. Alan actually had beer and I, after one cup of coffee, enjoyed Vodka Smirnoffs, along with some delectable and hearty nibblies. The time just flew; and we were the last to leave (at closing time), being 'swept out the door' at 2:00 am by the vacuum cleaner; who was most apologetic about us having to vacate! LOL! Before we moved, we used to go to this wonderful spot quite regularly; to keep us 'effervescent!' LOL! And, we have never looked back; save with heartfelt appreciation and a genuine 'Thank you' to Him. I will share in a tid our 'An Answer to Prayer.'

Tidbit - Appreciate your mate; let them know daily!

Bittid - It would have been so easy for me, to have ignored / dismissed Alan and not to have taken the wonderful opportunity to make the telephone call. But, 'something' Guided me to do so; and I was not 'fearful' or apprehensive this time. Sometimes, you just have to 'step out of the box and take a chance'; because you will never know, if you do not dare to try.

Love this photo image of a purple Braveheart flower!


Peace and God Bless.

No comments: