Wednesday 11 June 2014

'An Answer to our Prayer' - Ongoing!

Good Morning, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

It is a beautiful sunny morning! Thought I would move this post to today's date; as I have made a few bittid changes.

The tidbit thought of encouragement I would also like to share a bit further, is that He always answers Prayers. Perhaps not in your timing; or even what you have necessarily asked for. He does better than that! He knows what is best for you and when you trust Him and leave it all to Him, things always unfold for the tid best. In Alan's and my Prayer, albeit separate ones; they were granted to us. He (and my 'earth Dad') matched our requests. 'They' knew what was best and thus we received 'Our Answer to Prayer!' We look back with thankful and joyful hearts!

Now, I will share 'An Answer to Prayer' as best as I can recall. May not remember all the tid details, but what counts is the 'Answer to Prayer' was met.

Prior to us meeting by chance on Tuesday, the 10th of June, I said a Prayer to Our Father. Basically, I had been in a relationship with someone for a number of years (never lived together) and when it ended, it was very tough on me. Adding pneumonia to the list, did not help either. My doctor told me that I was fortunate that we live in age where there are antibiotics available; as I had the worst kind of pneumonia and apparently would not have made it.

So combined with a breakup and a confinement at home (better than being in the hospital), I did mope for a few months, until Christmas. I also have to thank my kind neighbour for her quiet patience and steadfast support. She gave me a card 'One Day at a Time', which was a major help; once she explained it to me. She was a Christian. At that bittid point, I was determined to move forward and embrace my life by seeing friends, inviting friends over for dinner parties, accepting invitations, and so forth. Well, several months had passed; and I was recovering, not only from pneumonia but my heart was receptive to love again. BUT, I was NOT looking; figuring if it happens, fine; if not, fine, as I have friends and many interests. Also, I was 'playing the field' again and for a time it was fun, but one gets a little bit weary of all the games etc. So one evening, (which surprised me!), I said a 'tidbit' Prayer out loud to God.

Basically my Prayer went like this: "God, I would like to get married again. In fact, I am going to ASK you and my 'earth Dad' for your advice, helping me select my choice.' (If ever I asked my Dad for advice, I rarely followed it, methinks); so you can see why this was an extra astonishing surprise to me. I asked 'Them' both for 'Their' help to choose the person (that is, if that was the way of it). That I wanted someone just like my Dad (could not believe I Prayed for that). That I did not want a 'yes' man, nor did I want someone who is a 'fence sitter' (a wimp in other words). I wanted someone who was handsome (described him - over 6 ft - ie 6'1", dark hair, blue eyes, an athlete, intelligent, a good sense of humour. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, someone who would love me MORE than I him. ie. Of course, I would love back and that I can give, but I was wanting to RECEIVE, and that I was READY. I said I was tired of all the games and that I felt there was someone 'out there.' I was very SPECIFIC in what I did NOT want and at the same time, went on to state that the person could be a 'warrior', like a Braveheart. Yes, a Scot, from the Scottish Highlands, (I am thinking OMG, where is all this coming from????) I also went on to say that I wanted an 'old fashioned' situation like my parents enjoyed with each other. There were many in awe of them; because of their love and friendship for each other. Many people (including family from the East) suggested that it would never work. My Dad, being an immigrant and so forth. Well, my parents proved them wrong. That is not to say they did not have their disagreements (who doesn't?) but they really appreciated each other. I also added that if it was not in God's plans, so be it. But that I was READY (KEY word!!!! Litttle did I know the POWER of that word!) and if He and my Dad felt there was someone, 'bring him on.'

Well, I meet Alan by 'happenstance' (what I know now, that was an Answer to Prayer). He was and is ALL that I asked for! Exact specifications; all requests granted! My Dad was also 6'1" and as my Mum said, Alan and my Dad are very much alike and that they would have gotten along wonderfully well. I know that. My Dad (who was a Christian) did not suffer fools gladly and he was not a 'yes' man and was no wimp. Now that he has passed away, I have more understanding as to his strength of character (He was like a 'David' - bold and courageous and did not go with the secular flow).

My Mum adored Alan and when we decided to get married, my Mum said that it can not be a small wedding; that she had to invite all her friends. LOL! We ended up having over 200 people (most of them turned up) and it was a blast! We had the best time! We did 'the party' for my Mum, as she was not well (cancer). When Alan proposed on August 10th, he suggested we should get married on my parent's anniversary - which was December 10th. (I always thought a 'winter wedding' would be awesome; albeit I love the other seasons more). Alan and I put on the wedding ourselves. Fortunately, we had friends who were caterers and they gave us that for a wedding present. It was one of the best parties we had ever been to! LOL! Alan's Dad 'walked me down the aisle' and we had a Scottish piper pipe us in. Also, there was a statue of 'Robbie Burns' outside the facility. NO COINCIDENCES, here folks!

To recap a bittidz, since our first date, we have never looked back; save with more appreciative understanding. Unbeknownst to me, Alan said a Prayer on the Sunday night as well; before our 'chance' encounter on the Tuesday. He volunteered that info to me, when we were 3 weeks into seeing each other. That was when he told me he loved me. I asked him when did he say his Prayer? (not giving him any info about my Prayer). He said Sunday night and that he was tired of all the games. That he was totally prepared to go it alone; but it would be nice too, if He would send him, his woman, his 'soul mate.' That he has so much love to GIVE and that if there was someone to RECEIVE it, that would be awesome! Plus he acknowledged he was a Christian and he witnessed to me. Well, there you go, folks! ANSWER TO PRAYER - 'Our Answer to Prayer.' (There is lots of 'food for thought' and other interesting and embellishing tidbitz details; so this is a 'brief' bittidz in the post, compared to what perhaps may be a spectacular script for a movie). Alan and I have been on our daily Christian walk for all these years; and there has not been a dull moment!

Again, there are NO coincidences. The card, "One Day at a Time' from my old neighbour is right on! Alan and I do live one day at a time and we are grateful for our daily tidbitz Blessings. We are thankful that we met and we look forward to many more years together.

Oh, I should mention, Alan's family are Highlander Scots and their clan fought with William Wallace (Braveheart). When I first met Alan, he had long hair and he looked very much like Mel Gibson, who played a wonderful Braveheart! My Dad used to say to me: "Never judge a book by its covers." I am glad I did not pass over Alan, because of his long hair etc. It is the 'inner' beauty and workings of the heart that matters most to God. Again, Alan treats me like a queen, just like my Dad did with my Mum.

Love this wonderful photo image!


Peace and God Bless.

No comments: