Tuesday 24 August 2010

A dear friend remembered














Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Today, I am feeling very sad. A good friend of ours just passed away. We last saw him approximately three years ago; and for the last few days (since Thursday / Friday), I had been thinking about him and wondering how he was. I thought, send him an email and ask him how 'life is treating him' etc.

Well, the weekend came and went. (On Sunday morning, I watched the Vision Channel; made some notes and will share a few tidbits re: 'Hour of Power', 'Enjoying Everyday Life', and 'Living Truth' at a later stage).

In the middle of last night 'something' prompted me to get up out of our bed and head straight for the computer. Alas, there was an email that expressed some very sad news. The friend I was thinking about, had just passed away. I thought, immediately, 'NO WAY' - but unfortunately, he had been ravaged with cancer for the last two years; and apparently had fought a good and brave fight right to the very end. So today is an especially sad one. Our friend was only in his mid forties; and to boot, he was an extra special person with many gifts. He was ageless and he had many friends throughout the globe. We are honoured that we had the opportunity to have him as a friend.

I am thinking, 'how is life treating him'; well, methinks he 'treated life to the fullest!' He was a rare treat, touched many hearts, and he knew that whenever he came to our part of the world, he had a place to stay.

Since this tragic news, a number of us who are friends of his, have been in touch with each other via email. Because of this, a genuine circle of comforting friendship is evolving, in loving rememberance of him.

All the other bittids that Alan and I have been / are working on, is still on the front burners; however, today's news has been a bit of a major sobering effect.

I wish I could add a tid more; but at the moment, am going to sign off. We are going to propose a toast - ie. An 'Absent Friend's Skal' to our newly departed friend.

Will write a post before too long.

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: