Sunday 8 August 2010

Appreciate your Blessings to the hilt!


Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

It has been a tidbitz of awhile since I have written a post (last one was Tuesday, July 27th). As the expression goes: 'Time flies, when you are having a good time.' Well, we have been having quite the time alright - filled with beaucoup de 'trials and tribulations.' However, we continue to remain hopeful and positive; and have focused all the more attention upon Him; knowing that He, Our Father, Knows Best (for each and every one of us; He loves us all unconditionally!). It is His Will; not ours. So, in a bittidz nutshell, we have 'thrown everything upon Him' and trust that He will Provide as per His Will, His Purpose, His Plan. We are 'fluid'; if you will; and just simply 'waiting PATIENTLY upon the Lord' for His Provision. Sometimes 'easier said, than done'; however, that is the way of it.

To recap a bittid. We have been recently introduced to some other options; so this week will be a full one for us. We have not lost tidbit sight either, that there may still be a potential offer (for our home) in the mix; however, we will also pursue / explore these other doors that have opened to us.

Today, we have totally been immersed in enjoying the quietness of a rainy Sunday; just been puttzing / puttering appreciatively about our home. Presently, I am listening to some Celtic music, and it strikes such a soothing cord deep within me. (Eventhough, I am a Canadian, I also have a mix of Norwegian and Irish blood (from the blood parents); so I naturally am drawn to the hauntingly beautiful lyrical sounds).

On Friday evening (in the middle of the night), it started to rain; as was the weather forecast. (We needed the rain). I went outside and put away our patio cushions and the dog rug; appreciating all the while the gentle rain and the soft winds upon my face and skin. Blessings in abundance, methinks!

Eventhough, we have 'obstacle courses' before us, Alan and I are 'happy.' Even our good friend who visited us the other day, could not believe how we could still be content, with all that has been happening (or not) re: our circumstances. We 'Praise Him In ALL Things'; and we KNOW that by being genuinely appreciative, grateful, and thankful for all our Blessings, this helps us to survive each day. Eventhough we do not understand the 'why's' of what is going on (or not), we have left / are leaving everything to Him. I have asked Him for an 'extra dose of the Holy Spirit' to indwell within us; so that He can give us Guidance, Wisdom, Understanding, Grace, and Solution.

Last night my son and I went to see the Cirque Du Soleil. Wow! Are they ever fantastic performers! They have, indeed, been Blessed with special 'gifts' methinks! I will forever cherish the evening; and I am greatly appreciative of the special and fun time he and I spent together. It was a pre birthday treat / gift; and I am exhuberantly grateful. My son came over for dinner first for Alan's creative cheese / peppers pizza and my healthy green salad (which included fresh chives and parsley grown from our garden produce). It was a delight to sit at our dining room table, listening to music (the same Celtic music! LOL!) and we also appreciated the colourful bouquet of flowers that my son gave us, as they refreshingly graced our table.

Tidbit - Life is preciously short. Make the most of it. Particularly with family.

Alan and I 'lost our Mums' (to cancer) and we miss them. So, as a Bittid - enjoy your Mums / Dads / Grandparents / siblings / children / grandchildren etc. because you never know when your time or their time is up.

This morning on the Vision Channel, I watched and embraced 'Hour of Power' and 'Living Truth.' (I will be viewing 'Enjoying Everyday Life' online, as the program is on at a different time on Sunday mornings). I recommend as a Tidbit, for those of you who truly want hope, encouragement, and to be uplifted both in spirit and knowledge, to tune into 'www.hourofpower.org'; 'www.livingtruth.ca'; and 'www.joycemeyer.org'. There are also other wonderful ministries. ie. 'Door of Hope', 'Tonorrow's World', and so forth.

On 'Hour of Power', it was just what the 'doctor odered'; music to my ears! Methinks, NO coincidence, here folks! Pastor Sheila Schuller Coleman wonderfully shares about a 'tug of war' about 'wills.' ie. It has everything to do with His Will; NOT ours. Psalm 37:4 - "Delight yourselves in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart". Like her heart was touched, those very words reached my heart as well!

On 'Living Truth', Charles Price (whose solid teachings we appreciate!) referred also to John 15:5 - "I am the vine; you are the branches; he who abides in Me, and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing." So very true!

Bittid - Appreciate your Blessings; regardless of your current situation(s). Rely upon Him; Abide in Him; and Rest in Him; Trust Him with ALL your heart. 'He IS the Way, the Truth, and the Light.'

Hope this gives you a bit of an uplift; as it does to me. Eventhough we have our turbulences / challenges / 'tests', we remain steadfast; and will endure whatever unfolds, as per His Will, His Purpose, His Plan.

Am about to appreciate a tid of pea soup for dinner; a perfect meal for a rainy night. Love the above photo image of the soaring and confident eagle!

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: