Tuesday 7 August 2007

"Hot" Cooks and "Cold" Cooks!













You may be wondering, what on tidbit earth am I posting? "Hot' Cooks and "Cold" Cooks? It is a bittid phrase that I learned from my Mum. Tidbitically, without exaggerating, my Mum was a wonderful gourmet cook; and she referred to herself as a "Hot Cook!" She never followed recipes to the bittidical degree; always added a bit of this and a tid of that; and somehow, what might have been a meager meal, was transformed into an awesome "talk of the century" meal! My Mum's strong point was NOT baking; which in her mind, she readily attributed to a person blessed with the PATIENT gift of baking wonderful cookies, cakes, pies, strudels, that sort of thing. She flourished instead, in the "habba dasherry" preparation of the actual meal; but floundered hugely with the exact measurements of ingredients for the "Cold" Cook's speciality, which was the baking of sumptuous desserts. In a bittid, we very rarely had dessert; save for a tidbit item purchased from the local "home" cooked bakery. Over the years, I was inclined to agree, that the bakery pie, tart, or cake was a better plan! LOL! Well, as it turned out, surprise, surprise, I am a "Hot" Cook as well!

Last night, we had some aging bananas; well, I thought I will make some "Banana Bread", no sweat! Well, it was no major feat; save the fact - a) I did not have the "right" sized pans; let alone baking pans - must still be sequesterd in unpacked boxes from the move; guess you can see where my priorities are or aren't! LOL! and b) not all the salient ingredients! Well, I had to improvise - hugely! Far easier to be a "Hot Cook"! LOL! When you are a "Hot" Cook; no problemo; because you can create "whatever". When it is down to an "exact science" for 'baking'. per say, hmmmmmm.....That is why I am not in the "Cold" Cooks category; not even close. Nonetheless, it mysteriously "worked out"; and if I say so myself (no one was more surprised than me!). it did not taste too horribly. Made a "regular" banana loaf bread; and, a CHOCOLATE banana bread loaf. It is chewy; but extremely filling; I will leave it at that.

In the meantime, we were with Alan's parents today; they have had some issues with the Power of Attorney; and they wish to make Alan a POA; and "rescind the POA" from his sibblings; because the sibblings have been defiant in their use of their "power" of attorney. They think they have the control; they do not! Very sad state of affairs; and Alan has stayed completely out of the mix; until his parents beseeched him to step in and put things right. Thus, we met with a highly recommended lawyer today; this should help with sorting things out. I went as a support system only (went through the same thing with my brother, who also did not handle his POA properly); and I gave the parents some banana bread (both types) to help uplift their spirits. "Homebaked" goodies; and some fresh grapes; along with some lovely serviettes, to show that they are "special" people. Presently, they are in an "old age" home; and they have been "discarded" / 'dumped' in the place - pretty tragic, when it is also your own family "doing it to you".

Tidbit - Think of putting a smile on faces; to all those you meet....family, friends, strangers... "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you". And, have compassion for those that do you ill will. That is what He wants; and how you (He) triumps over the "enemy" (spiritual forces at work!)

Look forward to feedback, if there are some of you who are experiencing this "stuff". From "Hot" Cooks to "Cold" Cooks, to family POA matters, or whatever you want to express. I am more than happy to be a bittid "sounding board" for all tidbits.

God Bless. AND, Praise Him in All Things. That is so very true and REAL.

P.S. The first 'borrowed' photo image is an 'apple streudel' re: the "Cold" Cook; and the second picture is for the "Hot" Cook. It may be a chicken or fish dish; or whatever you wish to make it in your cooking dictionary.

P.P.S. In the next little bit, I will learn how to utilize to a tid, our new cell phone's tools; from pictures we have snapped; next, how to send them, and then to finally download them on the computer. Then you will be able to receive legit fun photos!

No comments: