Sunday 11 November 2012

Thanks in Remembrance 11/11/11

Good Morning, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

It is November 11th, Rememberance Day. Much to be thankful for! (as per my post from yesterday).

This is just a short post for today. Want to share that Dr. Charles Stanley (In Touch Ministries) gives an awesome message on VICTORY OVER  UNFORGIVENESS. Methinks it is best if you were to tune into www.intouch.org. to hear his insights of  wisdom and encouragement. He is right on!

Am thinking that it is / can be a bit of a sad time of year for many people..Today for example, in remembering those we have loved and lost. I am thinking about my parents, and that they tried their tidbitz best to bring us up. Both of them have passed away and I miss them. And looking back, I realize how much they did do for me; and I am grateful!  My children's other grandfather recently passed away; so it is now our turn to carry the mantle of  the life cycle, of being the 'older ones'; as in grandparents. We have beautiful grandchildren and more, most likely in the future (hurrah!); and so as I reflect, I realize that the years have passed by us too quickly!

Tidbit - Make the best of today; as the span of life is too brief!  Instead, be a Blessing and of good cheer to others ( regardless of your circumstances)..

Bittid - . Life is too short to carry and bear grudges, resentment, bitterness, anger; hence having unforgiving hearts.

Dr. Stanley talks about a situtation with parents or whomever...ie. If one dies and there has not been the opportunity to say goodbye, he gives some good counsel, in how to have that weight lifted from your hearts. Again, best if you access his comforting suggestions. To quote:

"Express forgiveness, even if the offender has died. We can vocalize our forgiveness while imagining that person seated in a chair. This works because God hears our conversation and settles the matter in our hearts."

He is also talking about 'laying it all down.' ie. past hurts, you name it. If one has an unforgiving heart, how can we expect our Heavenly Father to forgive us?  Please refer to Matthew 6: v 14 & 15 after the Lord's Prayer.

Guess I am digressing a bittidz. I know that my parents and I had our tid moments.  Am thankful,  I had the opportunity to spend quality time with them and also to say 'goodbye' (in a gentle loving way) to them both; when their times were up..

Also was fortunate with my ex-father-in-law. I called him up to wish him a 'Happy Thanksgiving' and he was happy to hear from me. I mentioned that we have much to be thankful for; and he heartiily agreed.  I asked how he was and he said, 'I' m doing okay.'  Eventhough our conversation was brief; he added in closing, that he held me in very high regard (or words to that effect).. I replied: 'I do as well, towards you.' So, if nothing else, I am grateful that I had that special moment to speak with him. I had no idea that he was going to pass away a short while later. So, for those who may feel extra sad at not 'saying goodbye' to loved ones,  take solace in what Dr. Stanley suggests.

Today is also exceedingly quiet. I am also remembering our fathers and thanks to countless other brave souls who fought in both wars for our freedom. I say a huge and heartfelt THANK YOU (those were my thoughts for the 11:00 moment of silence to remember: 'the 11th month, the 11th day, and the 11th hour').

We are feeling the forecasted 'Arctic air mass' and it seems more like bittid winter, than fall. There are still leaves on various trees; but our tree out front, is now displaying pussy willows, as well as few scant leaves hanging here and there.

Alan grew this wonderful purple Braveheart plant from seed and it is still alive in mid November!.

Hope this has been a tidbit of comfort to all those who are rermembering, feeling sad etc. throughout the world.

Peace and God Bless.



No comments: