Saturday 10 November 2012

Much to be thankful for!

Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Well, (that is a deep subject), a lot of tidbitz has been going on and / or not going on. Hmmmmmm. Where to begin, where to begin???

Guess today has been a good bittidz start. It has been a beautiful sunny day! We have enjoyed our patio immensely and have appreciated the warmth of the sun's rays and the garden life that is still abounding with fresh lush colour. We still have tid rhodos that are blooming and / or reblooming! We have a south / west exposure; so methinks that helps quite a bit!

We have crows, starlings, thrushes flying about to gather their winter harvest. Alan feeds the crows with tidbit 'treats,' ie.what is left of our Science Diet dog food.  Both amusing and interesting to watch their interaction, as well as seeing their impatience of expectation for their treats!  The starlings seem to fly in clusters; top heavy on our tree out front; however, they keep coming back for more! They are also amongst those scavenging for the 'treats.' The crows and the starlings seem to have a respect for one another and 'take turns.'

As mentioned earlier, I have returned to work. Completely a new field for me; albeit customer service is the common denominator. "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you" - is so true; and these days, one wants 'repeat customers!'  Have experienced my bittid 'moments;' but have hung in there, with the hopes of adding uplifts to both my team mates and the customers.  Was just given more hours for the upcoming week; and I am thankful for that 'gift.' A little earlier, I said a Prayer for my team mates; whom I feel are all like 'gerbils on a treadmill' (me included at times too). So, I feel and have an extra tidbitz of gratitude!

A very dear friend of ours (and he knows who he is!) sent us this wonderful insight on "Picking Fruit.' This happened to arrive right at the 'right moment' (NO COINCIDENCE!). I had been feeling a bittidz downtrodden, browbeaten, dismayed, disenheartened. overwhelmed etc by various events that have been taking place around us.This really uplifted and buoyed my tid spirits, and perhaps it will do the same for those of you who have also experienced your bit 'moments.' - be it in sadness, grief, let downs, stress, disappointments, discouragement, deception, exclusions, and so forth.

Picking FruitTGIF Today God Is First Volume 2 by Os Hillman
Saturday, November 10 2012

"So I gave you a land on which you did not toil and cities you did not build; and you live in them and eat from vineyards and olive groves that you did not plant" (Josh 24:13).
I live on a golf course. Golf has been a part of my life since I was eleven years old. It has taught me many life lessons. I went to college on a golf scholarship and later turned professional for three years.
I often walk at sundown for exercise and use this time to pray. It is a quiet and beautiful place to walk. When I walk, I usually find one or two golf balls along the way. But one time was different.
On this particular walk, I began to find golf balls everywhere I looked. When I had collected 5, I began to notice how strange this was. Then, it became 8, then 10 and finally my pockets were literally stuffed with 13 golf balls!
When something unusual happens in our daily life experience it is a time to tune in to your spiritual antennae. God is often at work. So, I prayed, "Lord, what are you saying through this?" The answer came quickly: "I have called you to walk a specific path. I will bring the fruit to you. All you will have to do is pick it up and stay on my path for you. That is what it means to abide in Me."
The people of Israel conquered the Promised Land as a result of obedience, not sweat, toil, or natural talent. In our work life call, He desires to give us fruit from our calling when we fulfill the unique purpose for which God made us. You will not have to manipulate the outcome. Abide completely in His presence and purpose for your life so you can pick the fruit He desires to bring into your path. His nature is to do exceedingly beyond what we can think or imagine.
What fruit can you see in your own life?


Last night, I was really upset / concerned to the point where I had to get up (2:00 am) and I was 'directed' strongly towards the Bible. I happened to 'turn to' (it fell right open!) to Psalms 40 - 'God Sustains His Servants.' That gave me a great deal of comfort; so I was able to fall back asleep, with a complete peace and have a confident calm. ie. Verse 16: " Let all who seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee." I re read the passage today; as well as Psalm 39 ('The Vanity of Life'),  Psalm 41 ('The Psalmist in Sickness Complains of Enemies and False Friends'); Psalm 42 ('Thirsting for God in Trouble and Exile'); Psalm 43 ('Prayer for Deliverance');  and Psalm 44 ('Former Deliverance and Present Troubles').

I thought: WOW!!!! Psalm 40 IS right on; as are the other ones I have mentioned!
We are seeing much unfold before our very tid eyes; and it is very distressing to observe what is going on around us. Be it close or from afar.

Tidbit - God can use you; be it in your strengths and / or weaknesses.  Do not ever feel inadequate about your weaknesses. Trust in the Holy Spirit for His Purpose. It is both a learning curve for you and for others, whose hearts are touched by Him.

In my case, my weaknesses are being used by Him; in helping and encouraging others; by bringing out the best in them.  Upon a bit of reflection,  I have had an ephifany; along with a thankful heart! Many lessons are continously being learned along the way.

Bittid  -  Abide in Him; and He Abides in you.

The story about the golf balls, is such an awesome example, methinks! Thanks again, to our special friend! Alan and I (we are not alone!) have a lot of uncertainty before us; and we are Seeking Him out for Clarity, Understanding,  a Discerning Spirit, Wisdom, and His Guidance etc.  I Pray that, for all of us; particularly during these unsettling and disturbing times. Revelation IS happening all over the world; and we all must be ever READY!!!  The Rapture will take those who are with Him; and those who are left, will be left wondering????...... That is WHY, it is so crucial to genuinely INVITE CHRIST INTO YOUR HEARTS NOW; so that you are assured of an eternal address in His Kingdom.

I am looking forward to watching / embracing the Vision Channel and Joy10 T.V. tomorrow. I have made reference to them in the recent posts; and for those of you who are curious / and or wish to learn more, tune into them! They provide great resources of solid info and hope!

We are glad it is the weekend and we will be enjoying some movies tonight on our T.V.  I have tomorrow and Monday off; so I will be remembering those who fought so valiantly in both world wars. Peaee to those souls who died to preserve a better life of freedom for us all.


The photo is of our beautiful tree in the evening, that was of full fall foliage; until the rains and winds blew away all the leaves a few days ago.

Peace and God Bless.








No comments: