Monday 12 November 2012

Honouring my Mum

Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

It has been a very relaxing Remembrance day (Monday). My Mum's birthday is today and I miss her. (I miss my Dad too; as well as others dear to my heart, who have passed away). We do, indeed, have so much to be thankful for.

In my case, I have already mentioned it, that I was adopted. My Dad said that I was 'made to order' - as in a 'carbon copy' of him and my Mum's makeup etc,  To me, my children are a gift!  Interesting are some of the tidbit traits they have inherited - ARE from me, their Dad, blood parents / blood grandparents, as well as with what I grew up with in the environment that I was raised in. In a tid nutshell, I am totally grateful that I was adopted into a family who wanted children and who gave me the best that they could give me, with what they had. I have from to time, been a bit curious (primarily for medical reasons for  future generations) to check into, as to who my 'blood parents' might be. I have not been given much info; save that, both were athletes (which explains things) and so forth. If they are alive today, they would be app 82 and 83 yrs of age.

Today, I am honouring my Mum. She did her best with what she was given and you know, I learned a LOT!!!! (or now, I am!).  She was from another 'ERA' (as was my Dad) and I was brought up in an 'European household' (hurrah!) - where there were manners and ethics etc. Today, I think some of us are known as 'dinosaurs.' We grew up in an era where there was NO entitlement or 'attitude' allowed etc. I know of what I tidbitz write; very sad to say.

Alan and I love each other; our love grows stronger each passing day. I am thankful that he is a Christian (he has been misunderstood most of the time) and that he has shared the message of Christ with me. We know that Revelation is HERE. Just a matter of time when we are Raptured.  We can rejoice, knowing where our future eternal address is going to be!  At the same time, it is very disheartening to see what is going on throughout the world these days and who will be left behind.

Both Alan and I have been experiencing bittidz tough times (since Sept 2008) and we have been relying on Him to Direct our path and Provide for us. He has done that! We do have a few 'sticky wickets' coming up; however, we are abiding in Faith and Trust in Christ, that He will Sustain us, as He has steadfastedly. Today, we have been looking at many options for Alan and something just has to 'gel.'  I have been given more hours of work; and my shift has been moved to a later am time (which I am thankful for too).

Just fiinished reading the monthly booklet, 'My Daily Journey with Christ', published by Pastor Charles Price, of Living Truth. (www.livingtruth.ca or www.livingtruth.com) Alan and I are very appreciative of the monthly booklets we receive in the mail, from Charles; as they have helped us immensely through our daily walk in Christ. We really appreciate Charles and his teachings and for those of you, who wish to know more, tune into his ministry.

Today for ex. 'God Doesn't Promise To Tell Us What He Is Doing' has been extremely invigorating, considering all that we have been experiencing each and every day! ie. To quote Charles: "Our trust in Christ is not a blind mystical 'we just hope everything will work out', but rooted in God's revelation of Himself in His Word." 'David encourages us to pray the words he worte in Psalm 110:133 -  "Lord, direct my footsteps according to Thy words." In Psalm 37:4 (I love this one!) he writes: "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Personally, I am with that 100%!!!! I can see why David, was a man after God's own heart!!!!

Tidbit - Just keep having the Faith and the Trust that there will be a 'breakthrough' from Him; as per His Promise to take care of His children. 

Bittid - Accept that everything is to be in ACCORDANCE WITH HIS WILL, HIS PURPOSE, AND HIS PLAN.  'Ask and Ye Shall Receive.'  'Seek and Ye Shall Find.' 'Knock and a door shall be opened unto you.' Keep on enduring and do NOT give up, EVEN when things may not look as how you would like them to be. Perservere and Give Thanks to Him; regardless.

You will look back on the day and realize that He has, indeed, Helped you through it. Say your Prayers of Thanksgiving and do that each and every day and night. Ultimately, as you reflect, you KNOW that He IS there for you.

This is a photo of a beautiful Queen Elizabeth Rose, that my Dad used to enjoy growing. Gave my Mum a great deal of pleasure too, to see it climb and bloom so wonderfully. (If you wish, you can refer to my older posts, going back to April 30, 2007 etc). My Dad used to grow roses (as a bittid hobby) and every day, he would wear a miniature rose in his lapel.  Eventhough, you do not see that anymore;  I have been Blessed with those sentimental family memories!

Peace and God Bless.




No comments: