Thursday 1 September 2011

Plentiful and fruitful harvests


Good Morning, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Well, a week has flown past us! We have since had a tid garage sale and we will be doing another one this weekend. We have unearthed more 'stuff' from our move. Garage sales are very interesting; you meet all types. I know it is the nature to enjoy a good banter and bargaining at garage sales; however, there were some who went a bit overboard. To the point, where we had to say gently to a very few, 'Well, if that is how you feel, perhaps you can find a better bargain elsewhere.' We had already come down in price, to where it was ridiculous. Others who were there were also surprised by the aggressive posture; and supported us by asking us: 'How much do you want for this item anyway?' Well, we worked out a fair price with them and they were appreciative. A gracious attitude and thoughtful diplomacy goes a long way.

We have enjoyed the garage sales (You can refer to my August 23rd post, 'Strength of Character') and as per that post, we have met some wonderful people; who have become our friends. The same couple was back last weekend and we will be getting together for a meal in the near future.

There were many people who attended our sale and a lot of them asked us to continue having more! Well, I do not know about that; but we do have a lot of 'stuff' to unload. It also helps the pocket book. We met a young couple and they purchased some hangers and whatnot. They were moving into their first apartment. We agreed on a reasonable price and when they paid us, they were a few dollars short. I did not comment; thinking: 'They are nice; give them a break.' A bittid time later, they came back, apologizing all over the place. I asked them for what? Well, because they had not paid us the full amount! I was totally blown away by their honesty! I thanked them. I also suggested that God, Our Father, knows all things and watches everything and that He would be glad of their integrity. Well, they were all the more elated! I ended up saying that they were a special couple and added: 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.' They full heartedly agreed; and it was as if their joyful faces were shining! It was a refreshing interaction. I also said, 'Hope to see you again!' They felt the same.

Alan and I have been reading 'My Daily Journey with Christ', a tidbit booklet that we receive monthly from Charles Price, of Living Truth (www.livingtruth.ca). Pastor Charles Price is 'right on' with his teachings and they have helped us in our daily walk in Christ. Thank you Charles.

Also, watched 'Hour of Power' with Pastor Sheila Schuller-Coleman and for those of you who are seeking and / or are curious, best if you tune into their website of encouragement and hope (www.hourofpower.org) etc. To quote a tidbitz from her: "So, that’s a typical day of abiding, being a branch, just resting in the Lord, just letting His love flow through you and me, and bearing fruit. That’s all it is. That’s all it takes."

I have been saying to most of the people who came to our bittidz garage sales:'Thank you for taking the time to stop by. If you see something you can not live without, I would rather you walk away with something you feel good about (ie that we have not over charged you) and that you leave happier than when you first arrived. We are not here to gauge you; instead, we like to be reasonable all the way around.' I felt good saying that; but then that is the Truth. People can tell too, whether one is being genuine or not. Anyway, it has been a good experience and we look forward to doing another one and meeting more friends.

Tidbit - 'Less is best.'

We have accumulated 'stuff' and we do not need it. Too much clutter etc etc etc. A garage sale is excellent for passing things on! Apart from the coin, it is well worth seeing the smiles on peoples' faces. There is too little of smiling these days, methinks.

Another experience: There is an older woman (in her 80's perhaps) and she has been to the sales we have had. I have put out some shoes and clothing from my Mum (alas, they were not my size) and this lady appreciated the quality of the items. She does not appear to have much coin; and I practically gave her some shoes and dresses (designer classics). Her face beamed; and it was as if she was a small child who set foot in a toy store. That grips my heart and I feel a lump in my throat; which leads me into the next bittid.

Bittid - 'Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.'

Yesterday, was a tidbit slice! Alan and I have been experiencing our share of 'trials and tribulations' (again, who hasn't?) asd we are looking forward to having resolution to various matters. We had / have some immediate challenges, and I literaly fell upon my knees and simply asked Him, 'What do we do? Why is this happening? We have done our best to be truthful, to be honourable, to be equitable etc?' I was literally in anguish, with hands on my head in our bathroom. (We have been steadfastedly saying our Prayers, Asking, Seeking, and Knocking; and things have appeared to be 'silent'). Well, the next thing I hear (a split second later) is Alan's voice shouting for me. I chose to ignore his calls; as I forlornly thought 'Now what?' It turns out that one of our few friends (whom we have confided in somewhat) called and offered her help. To us, that was an awesome miracle! God answered our Prayer immediately; which goes to show that He SUSTAINS us.

We still have some thorny issues to deal with; inequitable ones, I might add. However,it now appears that the 'truth' is finally surfacing and being exposed.
The verse Matthew 6:26 (Amplified Bible)comes is a good example of being sustained by Him.
"Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they?"
Also the accompanying words / insights from whomever (my aplogies, as I do not have the name), have stuck with me. ie. "The enemy wants you to be fearful of tomorrow. So your main goal needs to be to enjoy the life Jesus died to give you today. Do what you can to live in righteousness, peace and joy, and trust Him to do the rest."

Also, Galatians 6:9 says, "Do not become weary in doing good. For in due time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." That is reassuring!

Hurrah! It took a bit of persistent 'trial and error' before I was able to post this photo image. We have a dear friend (he knows who he is) and this is one of his many wonderful pictures (which we apperciate!) he has sent us. It is beautiful and indeed, it reminds me of a plentiful and fruitful harvest. This glorious picture reminds me also of Pastor Sheila's comments in her message of last Sunday, in the Crystal Cathedral.

Have to go for now; hope you have a plentiful and fruitful harvest! 'Praise Him in ALL Things.'

Peace and God Bless.














No comments: