Sunday 12 September 2010

Thankful and reflective thoughts


Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

It is pouring with rain; (cats and dogs!) and I am thankful! Everything looks so lush and green, and healthy in the rain. Colourful flowers / foliage, the works! We are enjoying a quiet day.

Watched the Vision Channel this morning. ie. 'Hour of Power' (www.hourofpower.org). Was it ever enlightening and uplifting! Dr. Sheila Schuller Coleman interviewed Martha Williamson. To quote a background bittid: "Martha Williamson (MW) is best known as the executive producer and head writer of the hit television series "Touched by An Angel." Today, Martha is the host and voice of "A Touch of Encouragement" on beliefnet.com and has written a new book titled "Inviting God into Your Wedding." Sheila Schuller Coleman (SSC) interviews Martha."

Takes me back to a few tidbitz unusual experiences I had. ie. When I was in Annaheim for a convention, a woman came and sat down beside me in the hotel coffee shop. She said she was an 'angel' who had been sent to me, to let me know that my Dad was okay. He had passed away a few months earlier (1998). The woman then 'vanished?'.

When I was in New Orleans a year later, attending another convention, I sensed that my 'ears were burning.' Basically, 'somewhere / somehow', I knew my Dad was thinking about me.

Also my Mum, a year after her death; the smell of her perfume permeated the house, shortly after we moved in 2006. Actually right on the day of her passing, the perfume mysteriously 'appeared'; and we had only been living here for approx a month. Every so often, that fragrance just kind of 'appears?'

The other and most memorable tidbit situation also, was when our dog, 'Rocky' (named after Rockford, in the Rockford Files - I loved that show too!), a 'street person' came right up to me and fully gazed at me. I asked him if the juglike urn, that he was carrying on his shoulders, (very 'Biblical' looking; and it was as if he was 'not from this world') was heavy? His gentle and soft response, 'No, not really'. However, his kind brown eyes were beautiful, as if they were deep deep clear 'pools of water'; and when hs spoke, his rich voice was like a 'multitudinous roar of rushing rivers / waters.' He gave me such a CALM; and it was as if he knew me well; as if he could see right through me and into the heart of things. I was not afraid; and then he literally 'disappeared,' as if 'into thin air?' (I think I may have written a tidbit post on that experience?).

Shortly after that, our beloved Rocky passed away (from cancer). I have always felt that perhaps the stranger (I felt as if I 'knew' him; or put it this way, he certainly knew me!) was an angel, who was sent to give me a bittidz of comfort for what would lie ahead. ie. the loss of our dear dog (he was 12 years of age; or 84 years in 'dog years').

To recap, I really enjoyed the show, "Touched By an Angel" as well; so I suppose today's interview re: 'Hour of Power', inspired me to share these tales. Perhaps some of you, have some interesting stories to share as well?

Also on 'Hour of Power', had the genuine pleasure again of listening to Bishop Kenneth Ulmer. He is uniquely inspirational; and he has written the book,'The Champion in You.' To quote a tidbit from Bishop Ulmer: "The world loves champions. But I want to suggest to you that there is a champion even in you. The person sitting next to you, the person in front of you or behind you, there is a champion in you. If you get nothing else out of what I say, today, let the Lord put that in your spirit. Someone is watching from the other side of the world and God has brought you to this broadcast today to deposit into your spirit a truth that there is a champion in you."

Methinks also, with the passing of our dear friend (his party - (that he pre planned, while in the hospice), was last night; his funeral / reception is tomorrow) and with the passing of the others, it is reassuring to me, to remember and reflect upon our Blessings; and to cherish special moments we have all been given for each and every day. You can refer to my recent posts for a bittid of background, if you wsih. We did an 'Absent Friends Skal' to our friend last night; and we will do so again, tomorrow. Plus toasting in memory, of our other friends who recently passed away.

Also watched 'Living Truth' with Charles Price (www.livingtruth.ca) and we heartily appreciate his focus on sharing the message of the good news. In another post, I will refer to some Biblical passages that he utilized in his message today.

We have to go out (to pick up clear liquids - ie. broths / apple juice for Alan; as he is having a colonoscopy tomorrow first thing); however, I wanted to write this while tidbits were fresh in my heart.

I feel too, the Vision Channel offers many ministries that provide wonderful bittids of insights and encouragement. I will also be watching online 'Enjoying Everyday Life' with Joyce Meyer (www.joycemeyer.org); and am looking forward also to viewing 'Door of Hope' (www.hourofhope.ca) later tonight.

Love the lovely photo image, which is pleasing and welcoming to the eye. Hope you have / are enjoying a good weekend. Again, we have so much to be thankful for; as in each and every day, which to me, is like a 'mini Thanksgiving.' "Praise Him In ALL Things."

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: