Sunday 2 May 2010

Ephifanies and Blessings!















Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Am writing this now, while things remain vividly fresh in my mind. Watched 'Hour of Power' this morning; and WOW! Just the spiritual 'good cheer' 'medicine' I needed to be uplfited with! Will share some tidbits in a bit.

Also, 'Enjoying Everyday Life' with Joyce Meyer; is scheduled for a different T.V. time; methinks, I will just have to get up a bittid earlier; and / or view her T.V. presentations in the evenings. Or if I miss that, I will tune into her wonderful website at www.joycemeyer.org.

Missed the beginning part of 'Hour of Power'; however, I quote - "Lucille O'Neal (LO) is the mother of one of the greatest basketball players of our time, Shaquille O'Neal. She has written a new book entitled, "Walk Like You Have Somewhere to Go." As the mother of one the greatest athletes of all time, her journey is exceptional and it reveals that she is more than just Shaquille's mom. Dr. Robert Schuller (RHS) interviews Lucille."

Also, I listened to the 'America Boy Choir' - they are great; as are all the guest speakers!

Now back to 'Hour of Power.' Dr. Sheila Schuller Coleman gave an outstanding message today; and there are NO coincidences; as in some of Alan's and my ongoing daily experiences. We are not alone; and safe to say that these past eighteen months app have been tough for most people around the world; ie the Financial Melt Down. As of Friday (April 30th, same day my Dad died), we were hit with some unexpected curve balls; and my immediate thought was: 'What have we done now to deserve THIS?' Alan and I decided to 'let matters rest, until Monday' and we simply AGAIN, said, 'Thank You!' 'Praise You In ALL Things.'

For most of the night last night, I was awake and had a 'personal dialogue' with Him. I do not know how many Prayers I Prayed; but there were several. Did you know that God keeps track of all Prayers? Boy, methinks that I have been keeping 'Whomever' pretty busy! LOL! During the night, I was also up many a tid time; and I was constantly 'Directed' to the Bible. The Book of Job 'happened' to 'open up' - right at Chapter One. As of late, I have been 'Guided' to Job; and I am thinking - 'NO COINCIDENCES HERE'. So, imagine when Sheila gave her message today; I had quite a few tidbit encouraging ephifanies! Earlier this morning, I had thought, maybe I won't watch the T.V. - ie 'Hour of Power' etc; but then 'Well, maybe I should, maybe there is something I need to hear; even if it is to encourage us in our constant daily walk in Christ.

Sheila's message was 'Job Search: Where is God When the World Falls Apart?' Apart from talking about jobs / hard times etc, she was referring to Job. Again, no coincidences! WOW! Sheila shares several passages from the Bible. ie Book of Job; and there is a marble statue of Job at the nearby university, with four engraved responses from Job in difficult moments. ie. Job 1:21, Job ? (my apologies, did not get the chapter and verse), Job 13:15, and Job 23:10.

These are four awesome messages; and I appreciated also, how Sheila gave a wonderful tribute to her Dad's humility. ie, to quote her: "There is a man who has honored his God, who has stood up for him throughout the whole world. He had honor in his younger days, he had respect, and he had success beyond measure. And today, some of that has been called into question. But I will tell you that, even though the press has not been kind and even though there are people who call and question us, my father, every time he drives off this property, he asks my mom to drive past the Job statue. And he says to her, "Arvella, though he slay me, I will still trust in him." And I just want to say that our trials are there so God's glory will be revealed through Dad, who has honored his Heavenly Father."

Referring to Job 23: 10 - "But He knows the way I take; When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold". That is also reassuring news; particularly with all the bittidz 'trials and tribulations' that Alan and I have been experiencing. We feel much better when we simply say 'Thank You.' You can refer to yesterday's post if you wish further info on 'Thank You.'

For those of you who feel really 'bewildered' etc, best to embrace 'Hour of Power' at www.hourofpower.org. Also, in Job 38, Job is being 'tested' for his Faith and Trust in God; and God's Purpose was / is to allow Satan (his name means 'accuser' - very appropriate) to have his way (but not kill Job); so as to Reveal God's Glory via 'testing' Job. Job endured and remained steadfast and faithful to God!

Also, I noticed that the Crystal Cathedral's beautiful 'pool' is filled with clean and fresh water; along with wonderfully healthy and thriving ferns, immersed in solid planters in the pool. Magnificent; a joyful sight and a Blessing, methinks! WOW! We have some green ferns that have wondrously 'appeared' and / or 'took root' in a couple of our planters in our tidbitz patio / garden! We simply say 'Thank You' to Him for the Blessings He has given us all. Writing of our bittid garden, we have added a zucchini plant to the mix; have never grown zucchini, so we are looking forward to watching its growth.

Plus (this is a tidbit plus too!), if you wish, you can refer to my April 25th post,'A rainbow delight!' re: 'Hour of Power', when guest speaker, Jim Penner (Executive Producer of 'Hour of Power'), speaks about a 'miracle', Alan and I joyfully relate to his message; as we experienced an awesome WOW ( "WOW = Walking on Water" as he says) 'miracle' last Friday (See post of April 16th, if you wish). Basically, he shares the 'Three T's of a Powerful Faith'. - 1) "TAKE your eyes off your circumstances." 2) "TURN your circumstances over to God." 3) "TRUST God with the results."

Also, watched 'Living Truth'; and I look forward to sharing a bittid in the next post or few! Charles Price was excellent in delivering his illuminating insightn re: 'The Meaning of Baptism.' Many bittids of ephifanies there too!

The above photo image is of the exquisite yellow hotei rhododendron. We have had this rhodo for about three years, and finally it is starting to bloom forth. The vibrant colours of all the rhodos this year, are spectacular, everywhere!

May you have a restful Sunday; and enjoy many tidbit Blessings throughout each and every day.

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: