Sunday 26 May 2013

Letting it go and moving forward!

Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greetiing to you, in your part of the world!

My apologies for not having written a post - for how long???? My gosh. Basically, 'life got in the way.' No excuse; however, we have been in a major 'survival mode.' (low on gas fumes and then some! lol!).
Without going into too much 'nitty gritty', we have encountered many a trial and tribulation and it can be pretty weary and taxing in our daily journey. Not complaining; just sharing that we have been 'bogged down' with our 'metal being tested,' I guess is a good tid way to dexcribe things.

However, I have had a few friends suggesting that I continue to write my posts! Then when I revisted my blog site, I saw that I had received some wonderful tidbitz comments of encouragement. THANK YOU!  That really helps me a lot and I am very appreciative!

This morning I watched Dr. Charles Stanley (In Touch Ministries) on Joy TV on Channel 10 and his message: 'Victory Over Anger'   It was most appropro! I would recommend watching the video, if you can not see it on the T.V.

In a bittid nutshell, yesterday, I experienced a bit of a 'bad hair day'  in that I directed tidbits of anger,  frustration and disappointment towards a particular family member / situation.. Mind you, the conversation was mutual. That being said, I Prayed for Guidance, Direction, Wisdom, Understanding, Clarity, Compassion, Courage, Patience, etc  and 'slept on things.' In Dr. Stanley's message, I never thought of it this way - but he was suggesting that sleep can let anger in, ie. when you have not let go and, when you go to sleep angry; eventhough you are saying to yourself, "I'll sleep on it." To me, this is a real tidbit gem!

Everything he said, really hit a home-run for me. I thought (even yesterday evening), 'What would God do in this case?' Well, there are NO COINCIDENCES!!!! Thank you Dr. Stanley for your wise teachings and helpful insights. I suggest to those of you who are angry etc, tune into www.intouchministries.org.

Today, I have 'let go' and have made the CHOICE of working through things with an even MORE positive attitude and resilent resolve.

Tidbit -  I am quoting from Dr. Stanley's message -  "Taking an emotional timeout. We should stop and ask the Lord how He wants us to respond. He tells us “Be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger” (James 1:19)"

That is how I usually am, ie being slow to boil, slow to anger; however, 'pent up' emotions etc all 'came out.'
Hope some family members read my post today as well. There is always a 'learning curve' and mine was major!

Bittid -  Ephesians 4: 31 & 32!!!!!!
"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.
And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also have forgiven you."

After I watched In Touch Minsistries, I was able to catch the bittids of the last half hour of 'Hour of Power; on the Vision Channel.  I have not watched the program for some time. Again, NO COINCIDENCE! Bobby Schuller was sharing empowering thoughts: about 'breaking bread together, old & young generations, sharing of stories & building memories,  healing etc. Absolutely!  It was as if what happened yesterday, then today's 'In Touch Ministries', that Bobby Schuller's message endorsed everything all the more! Here is one of his encouraging pointers; and as there are many, best really to watch the video  ' Living Reminder' - www.hourofpower.org. This is wonderful encouragement for ALL ages!

"We remember that He calls all sorts of people from all different walks of life to eat together as brothers and sisters. This is because memory and story is the thing that holds our souls and our lives together. Memory binds us and memory heals us; memory makes us whole."

Alan and I have had major financial set backs and then some. However, we are not the only tid ones; nor are we the first, nor will we be the last.  However, I continue daily (and more often these days) to state out loud, various passages from the Bible which is of a huge help and a gracious comfort to me. I also thank Him all the more and I know that He has sustained us thus far; so would He do any less now? We must remain steadfast in Faith and Trust in Him all the more!
He has us (all of us, for that matter) exactly where He wants us; and I know,  there is a Purpose to all of this.

Yesterday, I just got a bittid vexed and discouraged (not in our Father) but just from 'stuff.'
Again, no coincidences. I keep going back to an awesome message of encouragement that Robert Schuller Jr shared a few years ago. 'When you are down to nothing, you know He is up to something. He has a good plan for you."  (I am thinking we are totally tapped; so this would be a good time to step in!) But again, it is all in His Timing, as per His Will, Purpose, and Plan.

Also, Dr. Stanley, a few years ago ' When God is silent.'  In a bittidz, ' Do not think God has abandoned, or deserted you, He is up to something behind the scenes and it is something good for you.'
I constantly quote outloud: Romans 8:28 - "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

Also, DAILY put on the Full Armor of God - Esphesians 6: 10 - 15. 
If you can, do that in the morning before you get up and also before you go to sleep, along with the Lord's Prayer. Joyce Meyer www.enjoyingeverydaylife.com  shared that wonderful tidbit a few years ago. I thank her for her teaching and I really enjoy watching her ministry as well.

I repeat, there are so many inspiring and empowering ministries to tune into and I am grateful! (as per my last post - March 19th!) Again, my apologies for not writing a post until now..

We are doing our utmost best and putting up 'the good fight' and wearing a cheerful countenance; praying for a BREAKTHROUGH (I think of Joel Osteen's wonderful ministry of encouragement here!) and to just  LIVE daily with patience, hope, trust, faith etc.  Eventhough things are very uncertain, we know one thing for certain, He is a CERTAINTY and to continue to TRUST IN HIM TO PROVIDE, AS PER HIS PROMISE.  We have / are learning many lessons and "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you" is so true.  Many curve balls out of left field etc have occured, but we have a firm resolve that somehow, somehow, things will work out!  That He definitely has a good plan for us. That goes for all of you too! I am thankful that we can cast all our cares upon Him (as Dave Meyer, Joyce's husband does). I know He does not give us any more burdens than any each of us can carry at any one time.

Well, guess I had better go as we have some doggies to attend to.. We have recently been doing some dog wallking / sitting (we lost our Blue, our Blue Heeler) and dogs are such a joyful and loving comfort. Am glad that God made them too!

Also in closing, Be a Blessing to others; regardless of your own circumstances. Be uplfiting with kind and encouraging words to all those you meet.

Love the photo image! Until next time and thanks again, for your comments. 

Peace and God Bless.
















No comments: