Friday 7 January 2011

Giving a Helping Hand and /or Extending a Generosity of Spirit























Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

A lot has been happening; and truthfully, I have forgotten some tid details; as quite a number of things occured. However, I will work with what thoughts come to mind (and heart!) at this bit time.

It is the weekend again! Glorious and hurrah, as far as I am concerned! The weather is 'iffy'. Rain, cold temperatures, snow? At this bittidz moment, there is a wonderful wind, and it feels as if we are in for a major storm. I love it when it is like this; particularly on the weekend. We are in for the night; and we will be cheering on the Canucks! Good on them for having such a positive team effort / attitude; they are all like invaluable links on a chain.

Before I forget, I recommend you see the incredible movie, 'The Book of Eli,' which Denzel Washington produced and starred in. We have seen it twice (last night being the most recent); and it provides a very provocative message. It may even add some 'starch.'

Yesterday is fair enough to share some tidbits about 'Paying it Forward.' I was totally elated! ie. Alan and I were miraculously given a 'helping hand' on making 'a few ends meet;' so I thought 'Pay it Forward'. ('Pay it Forward' is such an inspiring movie!). Because I had a little tidbitz change 'left over', I offered to give (buy) a small cup of coffee and some cookies, for three 'street people.' I sought their permission first and they were positively gleeful! Two of them appeared to be of Indian descent; one of them looked like the frightening image of the 'Hunchback of Notre Dame' (remember that magnificent classic book?) and the other, who was a Caucasian, (he had long blonde stringy hair, no teeth; not looking his best. I do not think you would want to run into him in an alley).

With the extra coin we had on hand, Alan could get his hair cut; while meanwhile, I went to the local mall. I browsed in the new Dollar Store (fantastic bargains!) and 'saving the best til the end', went to the bakery and treated myself to a small coffee and a bittidz sandwich - which I totally enjoyed and appreciated! That is when I saw the three men (street people / homeless people); and I was not fearful when I gently approached them. I told them a little of our story; and they were blown away; so in short, we related to one another. I had never bought a cookie from the bakery; and the owner who had been observing everything, when I went to buy a cookie, with the remaining coin, she gave me a cookie for free. Now, I think everyone involved was 'Paying it Forward.' (The bakery owner was not bothered by their peaceful presence; actually it was more money in her til! She gave the thumbs up!) I firmly believe in 'Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.' That is the TRUTH and His message to us!

Before I forget too, I think this is awesome, totally magnificent, that the 'street person', Ted Williams was given a 'second chance!' Wonderful wonderful life altering story; and he has, indeed, been Blessed with the GIFT of a beautiful 'velvety' melodious golden Radio / T.V. announcer voice! We thanked Him for providing Ted with a 'new lease on life!' I am thinking that this will be a boost / an uplift to those who have also fallen upon hard times and living on the streets. I am glad too for Ted's Mum, that she saw him turn his life around into something that he loves doing!

A rather sad thing happened, however, to me earlier today. I was / still am agog. I told a good friend about yesterday's joyful experiences and I was 'scoffed', even ridiculed by her. ie. In the sense, that it is 'people like me' who 'enable' 'street / homeless people' to beg, steal, whatever on the streets; and that these people just stand outside the shops and are public nusiances to the vendors etc. I was rendered speechless; as I could not believe what was spewing out of her mouth. However, I responded in a quiet, calm manner; knowing and having empathy that she has no real understanding in that regard. ie the plight of 'street / homeless people.' My friend is a lovely person; however, as 'intellectual' as ehe is, she is lacking or 'empty in Spirit.' I witnessed to her gently; but at the moment, it appears to have 'fallen upon deaf ears;' however, I will not give up on her; because she has a good heart. The KEY is, that she needs to unlock and open her heart to Him; and then her life would be a whole lot simpler and happier. Alas presently, it would appear that she is not a 'happy camper;' and that what is 'between her ears', is what is truly blocking her awesome potential.

Tidbit - When you have the eyes to see, the ears to hear, the thirst and the hunger in your heart, the door shall be opened to you; because you have 'invited Him in.' He will CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER.

Bittid - Always rejoice and be grateful for all your 'trials and tribulations'. ie. Even 'empty bank accounts'. Because, you are then in the position to Rely totally upon Him to Provide you with Solution, Resolution, Provision, as per His Promises to us. Do that daily; it helps greatly.

Took the above picture of our back patio, when we had the unexpected bittids of snowfall in late November or early December? Could be like that again, before too long.

Good Night, Peace and God Bless.

No comments: