Tuesday 13 March 2012

Integrity























Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

The time has flown by in a tidbitz! Alan and I are in the process of rebuilding and restabilizing. We have been 'let down' in some instances; and we are doing our best to remain positive, as we move forward. It is going to take a bit of time and creative effort. However, we know that He is Directing us and therefore by His Grace, we will make it through these challenging times. May those bittid words be of good cheer to those who would appreciate a tid of an uplfit. It takes courage too, to 'pick up the pieces' and in some ways, go right back to 'sqaare one.'

On Sunday late afternoon / evening, I again enjoyed watching the Vision Channel with the various ministries on at those particular hours. Each ministry that I tuned into, had very helpful tidbits of reinforcement! To just keep on trekking and to not give up, regardless of what challenges manifest before you. My Dad always said: "Be ever ready." I think I have a tidbit more of an understanding now, as to what he meant. He had his major share of obstacles, but you know, he went and succeeded 'against all odds.'
That alone gives me extra bittids of hope. My Dad was a very spiritual person with engrained steadfast Faith, and he did go 'against all odds' to make things happen. He was not a 'fence sitter' nor a 'yes' man. As I write this, I wish I had had more understanding about him; but that being said, I do now.

Interestingly enough, Alan and I have been watching the CBC series on Don Cherry. ie. 'Wrath of Grapes.' I think the movies are most refreshing, heartwarming. and extremely character building. I like the integrity and the genuine grit shown. I also think that his wife, Rose, was a very strong and smart and supportive woman. (I have to laugh, because I do the same to Alan! And, many a time, I say: "Be nice." I have my glass of red wine, instead of the rose; but rose is very nice wine too). My husband Alan is a 'mix' of a 'Braveheart' sort. (He is of solid Scottish heritage; and one would prefer him on your side, rather than not). Also, a combination of my Dad's spirit (my Mum loved Alan because of the similarities with my Dad), and even a courageous blend of Don Cherry, who also takes a stand for what is right! Alan and I grew up with one's word / as in a handshake; and I guess we are 'dinosaurs.'

That being said, we are truly thankful for our Blessings. We have recently had a few more (believe it or not) some more challenges. However, we are focused on 'turning things around' with Christ's and the Holy Spirit's help!

Tidbit - The TRUTH always shows up! Best to live by truth, honour, and integrity.

Bittid - This IS bigtime! "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

As of late, there have been all sorts of bittidz happening and I am totally Relying upon our Heavenly Father to help us through everything. Maybe being a bit of a 'Viking' helps; however, 'leave it to Him to show you the way."

Will share this Biblical verse, that I just love; particularly when one is in the 'good fight!'

Exodus 13:21

"And the Lord was going before them in a pillar of cloud by day to lead them on the way, and in a pillar of fire by night to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night."

Believe it or not, it SNOWED today! However, that just makes us look more appreciatively forward to Spring! Also, we moved the clocks forward this past weekend, so that is a Blessing to have more hours of daylight! Right now, the sun is out and the trees have a magnificent golden / reddish 'glow' / hue about them. One wee chickadee, is on a branch on the tree in front of our home; and for a little bird, it sure is singing its little heart out! What a joyful and wonderful way to end the day, methinks!

We hugely miss our dog, 'Blue' (Blueheeler / Australian shepherd mix; he used to wear a blue bandana scarf), but I know that he is in Heaven and is at peace. Eventhough, we are checking out other 'puppies'; it is still too soon though to take in another dog. It does feel strange though, without a 'dog in the house.'

The above photo was taken a couple of years ago of our Blue. He used to cross his tid paws in total comfort! In this case on the furniture! LOL! Yes, he was a very special dog to us!

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: