Sunday 27 June 2010

Thankful it is Sunday - AGAIN!



Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

The week has been full of 'fireworks' and on Friday, we were delivered one of our toughest blows. Alan and I could not believe it! Methinks, I could write a 'best seller'; even on this week alone.

The wonderful little booklet, 'Our Journey' (produced by Charles Price of 'Living Truth' - www.livingtruth.ca) provides uplifting daily tidbits of prayers and encouragement. ie. On Friday, June 17th, the daily message illuminates ' Satan's Strategy.' His strategy / mission is to 'disguise, divide, and destroy.' (Also, remember Satan will use a lake to camoflouage a pint of poison. At the end times, the very elect will be deceived).

In 'Our Journey', is an awesome Prayer (by James Macdonald)- "Lord, I acknowledge that alone I am no match for Satan. I realize that my only hope for victory lies in trusting You continually in every situation in my life. I may not know what Satan will do, but I do know what You have said - You who are in Me are greater than the one who is in the world. I want my confidence to rest in You, Lord. In Your name, Amen."

There are NO tidbitz coincidences here! Our week has been full of unreal 'fireworks' and the June 17th daily devotional is right on! Plus, today, I embraced the Vision Channel - ie. 'Hour of Power' (www.hourofpower.org) and WOW! The topic Dr. Sheila Schuller Coleman was speaking about was 'Fire Works.' Her words (which I 'borrowed;) describe exactly what Alan and I have been experiencing re: going through tough, fiery times. THANK YOU SHEILA for your fiery message today. ie. Isaiah 43:2 - "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you". (Over the weekend, I was Guided to read that very same chapter). I took major heart from Sheila's enlightening message today! She reiterates that God has promised to take care of us; and she shares, 'He will not let us burn to a crisp, instead, we will be fired up.'

Also, it is the Schullers 60th Wedding Anniversary this coming Tuesday, (Happy Anniversary!); and what a lovely and loving tribute Sheila honours them with. ( When my parents were alive, they also enjoyed a happy marriage). Sheila also used muffins to illustrate that God does not want us to be 'half baked'; rather He wants us to be 'well done.' In other words, do not give up, when you are faced with trials and tribulations. See Matthew 25:21. - "His master said to him, Well done, good and faithful slave; you were faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things, enter into the joy of your master."

Tidbit - Tune into 'Hour of Power'; as there are some empowering insights that can shape your life for the better.

Bittid - Do not have a hardened and embittered heart if things do not go your way. Check out 'Living Truth' (www.livingtruth.ca) and best to hear what Charles Price has to say instead! Fantastic bittids!

Alan and I truly appreciate the solid teachings Charles imparts! Wow! With all our bittidz obstacles, we have encountered (this past week has been a real slice!), today's message is a further validation for HOPE and ENCOURAGEMENT! THANK YOU, CHARLES! We have presently 'hit a wall'; which appears to be totally totally illogical??? So, in a tid nutshell, we are re-energized; as well as growing in and from our 'trials and tribulations' As Charles shares, 'Be Waiting, Be Watching, and Be Willing.' Proverbs 3: 5-6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him." Also Charles suggests, we should be committed to God; and let Him Guide us.

We are glad and thankful it is Sunday, again! It is a day of rest, reflection, and an appreciation of all our Blessings He has given us. ie. Our peaceful garden and our 'veggie patch' etc. Here is another picture of our 'Braveheart' flowering plant, which I took from indoors yesterday; as the weather was a bit 'iffy' at the time. Our undaunting 'Braveheart', now boasts of at least seventy five majestic flowers! It is as if a bountiful 'bean stock' is climbing upwards, and thriving in perpetual purple splendour!

Will be watching 'Enjoying Everyday Life' (www.joycemeyer.org), hopefully later online today. I really enjoy Joyce as well; and I look forward to sharing some bittids / tidbits from her teachings, which to me, are both refreshing and 'down to earth.'

Here is wishing you all a nice Sunday and a good upcoming week!

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: